probiotics

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Jun 7, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

ive been using the culturelle for kids since my LO has been on antibiotics and i feel like when i put it in his bottle, it doesnt mix in all the way.
    how do you give your Los powdered probiotics?

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I never did, I just gave them regular yogurt with active cultures.

3. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

does yobaby have active cultures? doesnt all yogurt have live cultures?

4. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

We did regular yogurt too, I thought they were all the same :pardon:

5. vtlakey

vtlakey Well-Known Member

We use Udo's infant probiotics and for the longest time I put a 1/2 tsp of that and their 1ml of infant vitamins in a little "snack bottle" containing only 2 oz of formula (I learned a long time ago never to put it in a full bottle because that would be the bottle that they only drank half of). Recently I started just adding the 1/2 tsp of probiotic powder into their morning cereal w/ fruit instead, because the pedi said we didn't have to give them infant vitamins anymore so I didn't want to fool with a 2 oz bottle. And they almost always eat all of their morning cereal.

6. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

I don't use pro-biotic powders, but I think you could mix it with food. All yogurt does contain pro-biotics, but some yogurts guarantee that they have "live and active cultures" that are not killed during the manufacturing process.

As far as *which* pro-biotics to use, I think that's mainly marketing. I don't think there are any conclusive studies that certain strains are better than others. I usually just feed my guys yogurt. :D

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator