Probiotics

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by jbritt325, Sep 23, 2009.

1. jbritt325

jbritt325 Well-Known Member

Yeah I'm in the colic club. We're on the Levsin drops, gripe water, mylicon... the list never ends. We've changed bottles and swaddled, but now that they're a little older (12 weeks) they don't seem to like the swaddle anymore.

Anyway, I am going to get the Nature's Way probiotics off Amazon but I was wondering how much to put in each bottle?

2. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

IM curious about this too. I stopped in and talked to the Pharmacist today and she told me she didnt think they made them for my sons age (8months). But did point me in the direction to a Vitamin store. We are going to use these through the cold and flu season..

Good Luck to you.

3. Nancy C

Nancy C Well-Known Member

I used some from whole foods, I think the dose at that age was 1/4 teaspoon. It definitely helped with my DS's fussiness.

4. busymomof3

busymomof3 Well-Known Member

I am not sure about that brand but I use udo's infant probiotics and they boys get 1/2tsp 2x day. The bottle should give the recommendations for infants if it is meant for them to use I would think. Also you have to keep it in the fridge so if you buy it from some place that it is on the shelf I would say that it is useless. The live bacteria needs to be kept cold to live. Thats what the natural path told me. Good luck with your search

5. Dianasaurus

Dianasaurus Member

The label should specify, but I think it's 1/2 tsp.

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

The label should tell you. I think ours is 1/4tsp.

7. timba09

timba09 Well-Known Member

We purchased ours at the health food store (Maxi Baby-dophilus by Country Life) in the refrigerated vitamins/oils section, and it's made for infants & babies. Dosage is one-quarter teaspoon mixed into their formula once a day. I agree with looking for a refrigerated product if at all possible...keeps those little guys alive and maintains potency better. :)

8. jbritt325

jbritt325 Well-Known Member

Ok! Thanks for the advice you guys. Something has gotta work... I'm about to have myself committed! lol