probably stupid question...

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by foppa2102, Jun 28, 2008.

1. foppa2102

foppa2102 Well-Known Member

yes i never got schooled in this skill. maybe that's why i'm so exhausted and havent gotten any sleep. what are your favorite techniques, positions, etc for feeding both twins a bottle at the same time? thanks.
    amy

2. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Not a stupid question at all! When my babies were real small, I put one on each thigh. I used the arm I was feeding with to cradle them. I wish I had pics to show you, but I don't think I do. I also fed them separately. Let us know how is goes :hug99: .

3. mommymauro

mommymauro Well-Known Member

I loved feeding them sep so I had cuddle time with each… but mine grew fast so I got high chairs that reclined and had arm so I could rest my arms as I fed… I have a pic of me doing it… but got to get dh to help post it… also I used a car seat/carrier and blankets to prop the bottle and held the other… hth… I’m trying to type one handed with a squirmy baby in the other….
    Elizabeth

4. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I removed the back pillow on the couch and put the Boppy up against the back of the couch. Then I put both babies in the Boppy. I did this til they were 6 months old! It was a tight squeeze-but it worked! And I just held their bottles with one hand(and went on TS with the other hand! :p ).

Here's a picture:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t256/megkc03/IMG_8055.jpg

5. pigsocks

pigsocks Well-Known Member

My three favorite ways to feed them
    1 In their infant rockers that had kick stands
    2 propped up on the arm of the chair
    3 propped up on my thigh

6. jdio33

jdio33 Well-Known Member

I kept a pillow from my bed on one end of the couch and put both boys right next to each other proped up on it and held both babies bottles. Sometimes I would hold Lucas who drinks faster and is easier to burp and then just bounce him on my knee when it was time to burp so I didn't have to stop feeding the other. The other place I liked feeding them was in my bed, so I could hold both bottles.
    You will come up with some tricks along the way. It doesn't come over night...thats for sure. Good luck.
    :D

7. cottoncandysky

cottoncandysky Well-Known Member

i do it a few different ways.
    sitting on the bed with my back against the wall and knees up. i put one baby cradled in my arms, and the other reclining on my legs.
    hold one while the other is in the boppy or bouncy seat
    both in the bouncy seat

8. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

9. lianyla

lianyla Well-Known Member

QUOTE(HinSD @ Jun 28 2008, 02:21 PM) [snapback]850951[/snapback]
    I have them on newborn loungers on the couch- here is a pic

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c76/HinSD/IMG_0684-1.jpg

This is the EXACT picture of my couch LOLOLOL for 4 months!! Soo funny. We have a gazillion home videos and pics of us in the middle of that each olding a bottle. Soooo funny. I have to be honest and say "I do NOT miss those times."

Those Boppy pillows saved our lives. They are above and beyond the BEST items I had for the new babies!!

10. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

This is not stupid at all. I wasn't quite sure at first. I either lay both on a pillow together, lay them each in a boppy on each side of me or have one in a boppy and one in my lap holding the bottle with the same hand as the arm the baby is lying on. I have also had them each in their own bouncy seat and sat on the floor or ottoman and held their bottles that way. Sometimes you have to be creative and use what is near you, it is not always easy but definitely doable. Good luck.

Jen

11. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

When I was alone for feedings, I used Little Wonders Bottle Bundles to prop their bottles starting around 5ish weeks. I put the girls on their boppies, set up their Bottle Bundles and off they went.

12. shandy

shandy Well-Known Member

Here's a picture of my method when I'm alone and need to feed both of them at the same time (I prefer feeding seperately but sometimes that just doesn't work....
    there are some great "techniques" listed here and I wonder if I would have used a different position had I known about some of these! LOL

13. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

QUOTE(shandy @ Jun 29 2008, 12:46 AM) [snapback]851420[/snapback]
    Here's a picture of my method when I'm alone and need to feed both of them at the same time (I prefer feeding seperately but sometimes that just doesn't work....
    there are some great "techniques" listed here and I wonder if I would have used a different position had I known about some of these! LOL

That is very similar to how I feed my two at the same time. I also usually have the footrest out. (The end of our couch as a recliner type feature.) But I had to figure out what worked best for me. I tried a few other positions when they were smaller, but this is what I ended up with. DH can't do it this way though. If he's feeding them alone he does it completely different. (Not sure how really!)

14. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

QUOTE(MichelleL @ Jun 28 2008, 08:29 PM) [snapback]851231[/snapback]
    When I was alone for feedings, I used Little Wonders Bottle Bundles to prop their bottles starting around 5ish weeks. I put the girls on their boppies, set up their Bottle Bundles and off they went.

I just googled the bottle bundles...wow! Wish I had those a few months back! Those look great!

15. sharongl

sharongl Well-Known Member

It is not a stupid question. But I never fed mine at the same time, just one right after the other. We quickly got it down and we were done with most feedings (for both boys) within 40 min or so. I had one that could eat an entire bottle and burp only once, and the other needed to burp every 1/2 oz., so feeding one at a time was just easier for me.

16. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This is far from a stupid question!!!!
    When I was alone, I would put them both on boppys and prop the bottles up with burpie clothes and just watch. They seemed to prefer (and still do) to get burped at the end of a bottle. When I would do it midway, I would get the most irritated looks and cries, like, How dare you?

17. jjokitty

jjokitty Well-Known Member

Podee bottles. Couldn't handle holding both bottles at once due to my very bad upper back. Podee's saved my back and my sanity.

Jen

18. JediMom

JediMom Well-Known Member

I try to feed one before the other, but when I have to do two at once, I put them in their bouncy seats (I've got the Boppy kind), where they lay backwards and I feed them at that angle. I roll them onto their tummy to burp them. I know this must not make sense, but it works for me. :) Oh, I sit on the floor with them when doing it :)