Probably a silly question...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by smitch, Jul 18, 2008.

1. smitch

smitch Well-Known Member

I just caught a cold from DH--pretty nasty yucky sinus bug. No fever, just feel lousy.

Here's my question...does getting a cold affect the babies adversely? Anything I should be concerned about? Am I being silly?

Sorry, I just feel awful, and was wondering if the cold can get to the babies.

Susanne

2. jakeandpeytonsmommy

jakeandpeytonsmommy Well-Known Member

I don't think so...but there isn't too much you can take.

3. Amanda

Amanda Well-Known Member

no, it can't get to the babies.
    Get some extra rest and water though! Oh and let your OB know :) FEel better soon.

4. sv2001302

sv2001302 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Amanda @ Jul 18 2008, 03:41 PM) [snapback]883246[/snapback]
    no, it can't get to the babies.
    Get some extra rest and water though! Oh and let your OB know :) FEel better soon.

agree with this, i know when i was pregnant with the kiddos i became extremely sick with the worst head cold known to man. it just took longer to get rid of. hope you feel better soon

5. butterfly02

butterfly02 Well-Known Member

With a cold I agree, get lots of rest, and drink lots of water! Definately let you OB know.

Hope you feel better really soon!