Pretend Friends

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by kingeomer, Jan 11, 2012.

1. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

So does anyone else here have little ones with imaginary friends?

Sophia informed me after her nap yesterday that she has a "pretend friend" named Leo. Leo likes to jump up and down with her. He also likes cats, helps her clean up and apparently hits her brother. Though Luke reports no physical hitting. However, Leo cannot leave the house because we don't have enough car seats in the car for him. Leo is about Sophia's size and likes the color purple.

Very cute...I remember having an imaginary friend and my brother sat on the couch where my imaginary friend was sitting and me losing my mind over it. Guess we're going to have to be careful around the house, you never know where Leo might be :laughing:

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

My best friend's little boy named Leo, whose favorite color is purple, has imaginary friends. I will have to ask my bf if one is named sophia :laughing: Does sophia's Leo have a british accent? Our real life Leo lives in London.

I wish my girls went through this. I remember when my brother was little he had imaginary friends and it was very entertaining for me to mess with him... I don't think I scarred him too badly though.

1 person likes this.
  3. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

Oh yes... Piper and Cricket regularly tell me about Chuba (rhymes with Tuba) who lives with them, or lives on Mars. S/he -- cause sometimes she's a girl and sometimes she's a boy, has all sorts of adventures. And she likes to whisper in their ears. Somedays we even have to set a place at the table for Chuba, but she only likes to eat mashed potatoes and gravy and raspberries. Isn't it fun to see imagination at work?

4. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

Yep, Jesse has a friend named Ernesto. We've had some wid stories. Its hysterical. He's the first imaginary friend we've ever had visit our house.

5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Riley's best friend is Hiro (from Thomas). He's here all. the. time. :D

6. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Reese used to have an imaginary friend names Liam, who told her she didnt have to pee in the potty...I dont really care for Liam.

7. mtnmama

mtnmama Well-Known Member

My girls don't have imaginary friends (yet) but they do seem to be each other's imaginary friends. They've spent weeks on end as Angelina Ballerina and her friend, Alice. They introduce themselves to people as Angelina and Alice and when they call each other, they'll call for Angelina or Alice. They sometimes won't respond to their own names - so I have to call them Angelina and Alice to get them to acknowledge me. Wondering how long this phase will last - LOL.

8. mommylaura

mommylaura Well-Known Member

That's awesome! How cute!

9. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

All these are adorable. Except for the one who won't pee in the potty. That's not very cute at all.

10. AimeeThomp

AimeeThomp Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This is a little bit different, but my girls act like their Barbies are real and try to blame stuff on them. Like for example Lily came crying to me that Amelia had hit her. Amelia explained that it wasn't her, it was her Barbie that had hit Lily. Barbie likes to open doors and press buttons too. Like for real, when we go places they try to use the Barbie's hand to do things. It's sort of weird.

11. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

After reading Aimee's post I remembered we do have "Mr Nobody" who the girls blame things on all.the.time!