prenatals

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twinnerbee, Feb 17, 2010.

1. twinnerbee

twinnerbee Well-Known Member

When I was preggo with A&E, my OB wanted me to take OB Complete because of the DHA. This time they just gave me the same thing, but with the extra nausea (yes, it's still hanging around at 14 weeks) and heartburn this little one is causing, I can't stand the fish oil. She gave me a sample of PreNexta with plant based DHA and it's so much better on my tummy. Just wondering if any of you used it before I commit to the switch. I did a quick google search to try to find out more but I thought I'd ask you what kind you used!

2. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Don't know...I take a Kroger brand one. I don't think it really matters..I know some people end up taking children's vitamins bc prenatals just don't sit well with them.
    I hear ya on the nausea...I've thrown up every morning except 10 since 7wks!!! 102/112 days!!!! Its part of my life now..I'm starting to think it will be weird to wake up after baby is born and not puke! LOL!

3. sheras2

sheras2 Well-Known Member

My doctor gave me a sample of the PreNexta but I haven't taken it yet. It contains stool softeners and I don't have any constipation issues so I was hesitant to try it. She also gave me samples of another vitamin called Prenate DHA and I really liked that one. My stomach is pretty sensitive to vitamins and I have to take them with a meal or they make me sick. The Prenate DHA didn't cause any problems.

4. twinnerbee

twinnerbee Well-Known Member

Aw, I'm soooo sorry that you're going through it, too. I remember that with the last pregnancy, too - I threw up the whole first AND third trimester (so I'm really bummed that I'm in the second with no sign of it letting up this time :bad:) and it really was strange after they were born to just wake up feeling good.