Prenatal cradle

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by twins2008, Feb 4, 2008.

1. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

I just wanted to let you all know that I picked up my prenatal cradle today. Although it doesn't eleviate all of the aches and pains of pregnancy, it works great. I don't even notice I am wearing it, and it has taken a lot of the pain and pressure away. I can get up and not feel that instant pain, my back also feels better. The difference from this morning to this evening is wonderful. It is great. If you questioned getting one, I would highly recommend one if you are uncomfortable.

2. fishfood2

fishfood2 Well-Known Member

thanks! in fact i posted such a question a couple of weeks ago!! i am using just a hip brace right now and i have to say that it's been helping alot but as i am only 18 weeks i know i will need the full cradle in a bit.

one question - do you sleep with it? i wake myself up with leg pain while i'm sleeping. it sucks

3. twins2008

QUOTE(fishfood2 @ Feb 5 2008, 12:53 AM) [snapback]605977[/snapback]
    thanks! in fact i posted such a question a couple of weeks ago!! i am using just a hip brace right now and i have to say that it's been helping alot but as i am only 18 weeks i know i will need the full cradle in a bit.

one question - do you sleep with it? i wake myself up with leg pain while i'm sleeping. it sucks

I haven't slept with it yet, but I know that I probably will. I woke up with some discomfort that I probably wouldn't have if I had worn it to bed. Make sure when you get one that it is the full cradle and not just the belt, the belt won't give you enough support for a twin belly. One recommendation for the leg pain is to just pull your leg in as close to your stomach as you can, like a regular leg stretch. Our child birth instructor told us this would help. Also before you go to bed to wall puch ups, this will stretch your leg muscle out and lessen your chances of having this hapen. You bend one knee in and do push ups- 3 sets of 10 and then the other side, it really feels good.

4. ldwa

ldwa Well-Known Member

was also reading the other day on spinning babies.com that wearing it while you sleep helps get the babies into the right position-- a big plus for me!

my only trouble with it is when I have to sit in a car for a while or sit somewhere I can't move much, the elastic starts to pinch & itch but that's the only trouble I usually have.

I love mine, too.

5. twins2008

The lady who fitted me for mine said if you wear a tank top or t-shirt under it it won't dig in or itch. That is good to know about turning the babies, I didn't have any idea.