prenatal cradle

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by fishfood2, Jan 27, 2008.

1. fishfood2

fishfood2 Well-Known Member

anyone using the prenatal cradle? does it help?

2. twins2008

twins2008 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(fishfood2 @ Jan 27 2008, 10:16 PM) [snapback]592528[/snapback]
    anyone using the prenatal cradle? does it help?

I haven't yet, but I have heard wonderful success stories. I plan to ask my dr. for a prescription for one when I go in tomorrow. They custom fit them so it works for your body type. I will let you know when I get it.

3. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

I used a prenancy belt that I bought at Babies R Us and loved it. Especially as I got bigger, it really helped with back pain.

4. Stephanie1074

Stephanie1074 Well-Known Member

I had one and never would have been able to walk (literally) at the end of my pregnancy! It was by far the best supporter that I found. the belts and other styles were not helpful at all. I had severe SPD and it really helped ease the pressure!

5. jkendall

jkendall Well-Known Member

I have one, but it doesn't help me much with my pelvic pain (and I find it awkward to take on and off). I do use it if I have to go out to the doctor (I am on bedrest now) so that it takes some of the pressure off, but it doesn't do much for me...

6. ldwa

ldwa Well-Known Member

have mine on right now. it was actually prescribed for my when I was pg w/ my ds, then he came a week later-- but I've been using it this time around for a few weeks now. I didn't think it made that big of a difference but I can tell pretty quick if I'm not wearing it. It's not a miracle worker but it does help. I've tried just the wrap around ones too- the ones that are just a belt essentially- and they dig into me like crazy so I really prefer the cradle. only thing I really hate is the upper straps which I've taken to pinning to my bra straps because I hate having two giant elastic straps up against my neck all the time.

hope you find what works for you!

7. SommerNyte

SommerNyte Well-Known Member

I had one but it showed under most of my clothes so I hated wearing it. I also tried the Baby Hugger (http://www.babyhugger.com/) which is way uglier but gave a TON more support. I couldn't have walked without my Baby Hugger!

8. anippy

anippy Well-Known Member

I asked my doctor about it at my appointment today. She didn't seem too excited about it. She wrote me a prescription for maternity support hose.

9. fishfood2

fishfood2 Well-Known Member

thanks for all your responses. i didn't realize you can get a specially made cradle fit to your body! right now i'm using the hip belt that i got at one of the maternity stores but i can already tell i'll need more support soon. should've used this thing during my last pregnancy. it really does help. hopefully the cradle i ordered will work when i get bigger and need even more support.

10. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I had something similar, although it wasn't custom fit. It did help a bit, but I only got it at 28 weeks and wore it a few times before getting put on bedrest.

I thought it helped when I was standing up, but when I was sitting down (as I do most of the time at work), it pressed into my lungs in a way that made me feel worse rather than better. So I wasn't willing to just wear it all day, but it was such a pain to put on & take off, I only put it on when I knew I was going to be walking or standing for awhile.