PreNatal Classes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by annlubbers, Aug 12, 2007.

1. annlubbers

annlubbers Well-Known Member

Hi Everyone.

Question:

I'm now 26 weeks pregnant and it just hit me ... am I suppose to take prenatal classes? Will my doctor tell me when I'm suppose to sign up for this and where? :mellow: :huh:

2. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I would go ahead and sign up if you are planning to take them. You don't want to take them too late. We took ours with our oldest DD around 28-30 weeks. Sometimes they fill up quickly. I would contact the hospital you plan to give birth at, they probably have some and if not can lead you in the right direction of where to find one.

3. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

We took them with our first but ended in a c-section. I will say that they do help you learn to relax a lot and you need that for pain management. Also sometimes your insurance will reimburse the cost. I would check into that too.

4. missymack2003

missymack2003 Well-Known Member

I would reccomend registering as early as possible. I waited too long and ended up taking the classes around 32-33 wks. I wasn't even sure if I was going to make it that far. I think they are helpful whether you end up having a c-section or vaginal. They go over both situations so it helps you know what to expect either way. I feel a lot more prepared now and I know my hubby does too. Good luck:)

5. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

In a book I'm reading about pg and caring for twins, it's suggests taking the classes in the second trimester in case you are not able to make them later. We did and it's one less thing to do for later ;).

6. xavier2001

xavier2001 Well-Known Member

I called about 22-23 weeks to sign up and the soonest they could get me in was 36 WEEKS!!! I explained multiple times that I am having twins and may not make it to 36 weeks, or feel like going at that point, but they wouldn't budge. So I am currently signed up, but have not paid, and will not pay unless we actually go. If I go into labor, or just don't feel up to it, we'll have to cancel at the last minute, which I hate doing, but what other option is there?