Pregnant Again with second set twins

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by KAY72, Jul 11, 2011.

1. KAY72

KAY72 New Member

Hi
    Have not been here for a long time, but today I found out I am 8 weeks pregnant again with non identical twins, and I already have 20 month old twins boy/girl. Anyone here have this happen to them. My head is in a whirl..........

2. BaileyandMarleysMom

BaileyandMarleysMom Well-Known Member

I have not had this happen, but CONGRATS!! What a blessing!! :youcandoit:

3. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Goodness that's a lot to take in!

I haven't had that experience but there are moms on here with 2 sets of 2.

Congrats on your babies! :youcandoit:

BTW-you never know (unless they are b/g) if your di/di twins are identical or not until after they are born. About 30% of di/di's are in fact ID. :)

4. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I had IVF to have my first set (almost 6) and then my second set was totally spontanious but I lost one early in my pregnancy. :( It took a little bit for the news to sink in. Take your time! Congratulations again!

5. lharrison1

lharrison1 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Wow what wonderfully shocking news!!! Congrats to you and your family!! :wub:

6. MistyP

MistyP Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! (I am NOT telling my DH; he would totally freak out if he thought we may be having another set of twins soon! LOL) I met a lady with 4 sets of twins! My aunt also had 2 sets of twins 16 months apart.

7. k2daho

k2daho Well-Known Member

Oh, wow! Congrats!

This is my biggest worry right now as I don't have an u/s until July 22nd. Looks like our first set are about the same age as well. Your must be in such a state right now! There's no one better equipped than you, though! You already know all about having twins, and your toddlers will be big enough to be helpers by the time the babies are born :) It will be hard for a few more years, but so worth it in the end! As my friend said "I guess this is why we get 9 months to prepare?!". Thank goodness for that. By then hopefully you'll be able to get some extra hands and help in place to make things go as smoothly as possible for your family.

Until then...take care of yourself and I hope that this pregnancy treats you well!

8. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:Clap: Congrats on your 2nd set of twins! We have a few other members here at TS who have 2 sets of twins as well. :)

9. kcprochazka

kcprochazka Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! It's a bit of a shock, huh? :D We have 2 sets including fraternal girls and di/di identical boys. It's SO much easier the 2nd time around in every way. We're actually TTC again and I'm secretly hoping lightning strikes a 3rd time, but know how slim a chance that is! :D It's quite a roller coaster, but definitely worth it. Give it some time to sink in and by the time the babies are here you'll forget that people can actually have babies one at a time!

10. christiedawntoews

christiedawntoews Active Member

First of all CONGRATS!! So blessed... We are also expecting our 2nd set!2 Am 27 weeks and 2 days.. Our first set is girls, 3 on Aug. 24. This set is boys.. due Oct. 9. We are hoping to make it to Sept. This time is harder in some ways.. we are more informed and know what can happen in twin pregnancies, we know how much work it is after they get here.. Easier in some ways, I got my cerclage in at 14 weeks vs. 21 weeks so my cervix is holding strong, I don't have to be on as strict of bed rest, I know how wonderful the twin bond is.. they always have a playmate, I have 2 pregnancy and 4 sweeet little kiddoes!

11. travellingmum

travellingmum Well-Known Member

Congratulations! I hope you have a safe and healthy pregnancy. At least you'll know what to expect this time around!

12. jennaenglish

jennaenglish Active Member

Oh Congrats! We are anxious for our first ultrasound to find out whether we will have another set also or if it is a singleton. As overwhelmed as I'm sure you feel, just rest and know that God gave those babies to you for a reason. He knows no one could love them better than you!

Congrats again! :youcandoit:

13. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!! I am sure everything will be fine, you just need time to get used to the idea. Good luck!

14. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

wow!! congratulations!!! I am expecting our twins right now (due february) and as we are definitely having more kids afterwards, this is one of my secret...umm...fears. But I'm sure you will be ok!!!