Pregnancy in general question- when did your first trimester symptoms start going away?

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by desolation_anonymous, May 15, 2008.

1. desolation_anonymous

desolation_anonymous Well-Known Member

Just curious, when did your first trimester symptoms start going away? I will be 11 wks, tomorrow, I've been one of those lucky women who had barely any morning sickness (with twins), and my breasts are beginning to stop hurting... I know it's silly, I've heard it happens towards the end of the 2nd trimester, but it still makes me nervous ;)

Did heartburn start reducing for you at the end of the first trimester, too?

Please share your experiences with me? thank You :D

2. DoublyThrilled

DoublyThrilled Well-Known Member

My nausea started when I was 5 weeks pregnant. It did go away at 16 weeks though!!! My nausea was very severe in the evenings...say after about 4 PM. I was quite normal in the mornings!!!
    Luckily, I did not have any heart burns during my first trimester!!!

3. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

I had all day sickness from 6 weeks until 21 weeks. :huh: My boobs were never really sore and the reflux didn't kick for me until the third trimester. The only thing that lasted throughout my whole pregnancy was being extremely tired all the time. No matter how much I slept, I was tired. Don't forget that every woman, every pregnancy is different. :)

4. julesbabies

julesbabies Well-Known Member

I had sore breasts only until about 9 weeks but really had no other symptoms. Never any sickness at all. I did not get reflux until about 18 weeks for about 4 weeks.

Consider yourself lucky to have little symptoms.

5. aandja79

aandja79 Well-Known Member

I never really had any morning sickness, just a few strong food aversions, and only occasional boob soreness. Apart from that, I was just incredibly tired all the time. This pretty much all went away by the end of 14 weeks.

I really wouldn't worry about symptoms coming and going - every woman is totally different. As for the heartburn, I've never experienced it, so can't comment on that.

Congratulations !!!! :)

6. missjoli

missjoli Active Member

I'm about 11 weeks too, and I feel like the symptoms are fading a little bit. I've had terrible morning/all day sickness, but it seems to be easing up a bit.

7. desolation_anonymous

QUOTE(aandja79 @ May 15 2008, 01:13 PM) [snapback]775081[/snapback]
    I never really had any morning sickness, just a few strong food aversions, and only occasional boob soreness. Apart from that, I was just incredibly tired all the time. This pretty much all went away by the end of 14 weeks.

I really wouldn't worry about symptoms coming and going - every woman is totally different. As for the heartburn, I've never experienced it, so can't comment on that.

Congratulations !!!! :)

Thanks ladies for all of your answers :D

8. desolation_anonymous

QUOTE(julesbabies @ May 15 2008, 01:02 PM) [snapback]775055[/snapback]
    I had sore breasts only until about 9 weeks but really had no other symptoms. Never any sickness at all. I did not get reflux until about 18 weeks for about 4 weeks.

Consider yourself lucky to have little symptoms.

Thank you! And i do... :D

9. desolation_anonymous

QUOTE(missjoli @ May 15 2008, 01:20 PM) [snapback]775099[/snapback]
    I'm about 11 weeks too, and I feel like the symptoms are fading a little bit. I've had terrible morning/all day sickness, but it seems to be easing up a bit.

Cool! Glad to hear your morning sickness is easing up :D

QUOTE(DoublyThrilled @ May 15 2008, 12:52 PM) [snapback]775015[/snapback]
    My nausea started when I was 5 weeks pregnant. It did go away at 16 weeks though!!! My nausea was very severe in the evenings...say after about 4 PM. I was quite normal in the mornings!!!
    Luckily, I did not have any heart burns during my first trimester!!!

Thank you :D

QUOTE(TwinLove @ May 15 2008, 12:53 PM) [snapback]775019[/snapback]
    I had all day sickness from 6 weeks until 21 weeks. :huh: My boobs were never really sore and the reflux didn't kick for me until the third trimester. The only thing that lasted throughout my whole pregnancy was being extremely tired all the time. No matter how much I slept, I was tired. Don't forget that every woman, every pregnancy is different. :)

Thank you :D

10. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

with the twins, I really did not have much morning sickness - I thought I did but when the whole family started puking, I realized it was a long lasting viral thing!! My heartburn and uncomfortableness started towards the end of my 2nd trimester!

with my singletons, I had ms from the time I was like 6 weeks until about 18 weeks and it was AWFUL - like being on a ship and being seasick -only difference was that I could not get off of the boat!

Congratulations on your twins! as I sit here holding mine while they sleep right now - I just cannot tell you enough how sweet this is!

11. Cabbyk82

Cabbyk82 Well-Known Member

I had horrid nausea the whole first 3 months; it wasn't until about 2 weeks after the end of the first tri that I started feeling better. For about 2 or 3 weeks. Then my sciatica kicked in, and the hydronephrosis, and then I was put on bedrest. That obviously caused a whole new slew of maladies, but the biggest pregnancy pain was the kicking in the ribs! Heartburn came back towards the very end, but not as bad as the beginning.

12. Rach28

Rach28 Well-Known Member

My sxs started to go away at around 18 weeks. I had horrible m/s which was under control (more or less) with medication. I nearly had to go into hospital for an IV at one point though.

I´ve been sick a few times since but it´s been very random and hasnt stopped me from putting on a load of weight!!! :lol:

My heartburn´s really kicked in now, in my 3rd tri, especially when I go to bed. I didnt really get it in the 1st or 2nd tri. Ive been woken up several times with acid in my mouth - horrible!

I hope you feel better soon!

13. Minette

Minette Well-Known Member

I never had much m/s, but I felt generally icky for the first tri. I remember thinking that 8 weeks was the worst, 9-12 weeks was slightly better, and 12-16 weeks was slightly better than that. Then from 16-20 weeks or so, I felt downright good!

14. MonicaBaker

MonicaBaker Well-Known Member

I vomited daily(sometimes more) from 11 weeks to 17 weeks. The doctor eventually gave me meds to stop vomiting. Sore boobs went away at about 12 weeks. I cant remember when I stopped being so tired, but it only went away for a few weeks, now being in my 3rd trimester I am more tired than ever! Hope that helps:)

15. 2B2G

2B2G Well-Known Member

I had pretty bad morning sickness from 9-16 weeks. Then the heartburn kicked in. Prilosec has been my friend daily. Now I need to take a 2nd one in the evening before dinner but it keeps the HB manageable.

16. melissa1

melissa1 Well-Known Member

I was sick all of the time until about 13 weeks...Right when my nausea went away the heartburn started full force and is still really bad it wakes me up at night. I know it is scary when you are not miserable anymore...I guess feeling like crap was better than not feeling pregnant...So far the second trimester is flying by...So you have something to look forward to :D

17. christie76

christie76 Well-Known Member

You are so lucky that your ms is going away. I had it the worst from 6-18 weeks, but it never went away completely. I started Zofran around the end of the 1st trimester, since it started getting pretty bad and I couldn't stop throwing up and wasn't eating. I have never been able to go off of it completely, but I'm so much better now. I only take 1 pill in the morning now. I've tried to stop it several times and it comes back again. It's not worth it, so I've stayed on the meds. The heartburn started in the 2nd trimester and has gotten worse with time. I've only taken Zantac a few times. Tums still seem to do the trick. It's the worst at night when I'm lying down. I've had all the aches and pains too, but that's to be expected. The pain from the hydronephrosis was the worst, but it's not constant. It seems to come and go. I've only had that in the last trimester. I think some women are just luckier than others. Good luck!

18. bebedoc

bebedoc Well-Known Member

I never had any first trimester symptoms. No morning sickness, no food aversions, no cravings, no tender breasts, nothing. I didn't even have fatigue (which was horrid with my DS). I started getting massive migraines in the 2nd trimester, but that's about it. Of course, the heartburn has kicked in now, too. :)

19. Emily@Home

Emily@Home Well-Known Member

I had pretty bad m/s with all my pregnancies, but I definitely threw up more this time. I was nauseous all day (pronounced in AM and right before bed), throwing up at least 3 to 6 times day from 6 w until 17 w. . . then I only threw up 1 - 2 X day until about 2o weeks. I had no breast tenderness (was still b-feeding my DD). I felt bloated until about 11/12 w. Heartburn has only gotten worse, but I'm on bedrest so my digestive tract is in slo-mode anyways.

20. Ellen Barr

Ellen Barr Well-Known Member

I had morning sickness until around 20 weeks. Then I felt great for about 3 weeks. Then the babies started pushing on my stomach and I went back to nausea and the heartburn started! That lasted until 38 weeks. All in all, it was pretty much constant misery, that ended with pure, double joy!!

21. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

I had all day sickness from week 6 to week 16 and then one day I woke up and felt like a new person. Then the heartburn kicked in during the third trimester and that was awful.