Prefold users...what's the best deal?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by MeredithMM, May 22, 2010.

1. MeredithMM

MeredithMM Well-Known Member

I use fuzzibuns and kushies, but I am needing to get a few more diapers and thinking of going the pre-fold route.
    I was thinking of getting these:
    http://www.cottontales.com/index.php?id=48
    I really want to get something that's one size and I want to avoid velcro. Snaps seem to last so much longer.

Are there any other covers out there that are One Size? If so, I might try to go with something used on diaperswappers.com

But so far all the covers I am seeing must be purchased in sizes and have velcro.

2. IVF TWINS

IVF TWINS Well-Known Member

We use gdiapers with prefolds as inserts but they come in different sizes. I know some women put snaps on them in place of velcro. I use Little Lions prefolds. They have GREAT prices and their prefolds are really really good!

3. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

Bummis makes a cover with snaps Bummis covers at GMD. The medium fits a pretty big size range, if you're worried about cost and using them as long as possible. You can also use a pocket diaper with no insert as a cover, but unless you've got them already, that's a pretty expensive option.

4. beckman445

beckman445 Well-Known Member

We bought the econobum package a few months ago to add to our stash and I'm happy with them so far. The pre-folds are made with stitching so you fold one direction when smaller and the other direction when they get bigger. The covers un-snap to get bigger like the Bum Genius 3.0s.

The pre-folds seem to stain (poop) a little easier than my pocket diapers, but other than that, it's a really good value for what you get. We got 12 pre-folds and 3 covers for $50, I think. And the pre-folds are nice and fluffy; very absorbent.

If you need to add just to your covers, Flip has a cover that snaps and is one size. I love them and they're very cute!

Laura