Practical questions about dollhouse

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by kumphort, Dec 9, 2012.

1. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

I bought my girls the loving family doll house, and gave it to them for the first night of Hannukah, last night.

now just having some practical questions about dollhouses in general.

1. At this point, my girls, age 3.5 (I know I need to update my ticker) have never given "life" to their dolls or characters, they play house with each other all the time, but they will never speak for their dolls or whatnot. So this make playing with the doll house characters hard, at what point, is it expected for them to be able to do this?

2. Do you clean up your doll house each night? is this something that you leave out, just setting it all up again could take a good 20 mins, but on the other hand the furniture pieces don't all fit in together, that i want it being left open all the time. Any ideas on how to deal with that/

2. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

Hmmm...I don't know anything about your first question, but as for your second, I would get one of those plastic shoeboxes (or whatever the appropriate size is) and toss all the pieces in there for clean up.

Oh and Happy Chanukah! DD got Crocs as her present last night :)

3. emp59

emp59 Well-Known Member

My girls are a little over three and they just started bringing life to their babies and dolls in the last couple months. For awhile it was only animal toys, but now it's people too

4. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

Still now my kids don't really bring them to life that much, but they like putting them to bed, in the bathtub, you name it. And no, we don't clean it out every night.

5. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Hannah (2.5) doesn't bring life to them rather she plays their mommy. The boys will occasionally act things out with figurines but they are sort of the same way

6. kumphort

kumphort Well-Known Member

Thanks for the answers, glad to know my girls are on par for their level. Right now their six year old brother is having more fun with it then they are.