Powerwheel?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by babymOmmax2, Jan 30, 2009.

1. babymOmmax2

babymOmmax2 Well-Known Member

My DH & I had a friend who had a 1 year old who had a smaller version of a powerwheel 4-wheeler designed for his age group. It was soo adorable! The twins 1st bday is a month away and I'd like to get them something similar. Any ideas? The little boy seemed to grasp the concept of the red button to start the thing. Should I stick with push and ride toys? Either way, send me some ideas. TIA!

2. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

Honestly, I would stick with the little cars they push with their feet. Lots of time for Power Wheels in the future. We do have a large & a small P.W. and none of my 5 kids would not have done well @ a year.

3. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Callen @ Jan 30 2009, 11:42 PM) [snapback]1169822[/snapback]
    Honestly, I would stick with the little cars they push with their feet. Lots of time for Power Wheels in the future. We do have a large & a small P.W. and none of my 5 kids would not have done well @ a year.

I agree .. the push ones are great for 1 yr olds because it helps with muscle tone as well. I say leave the PW for the second year birthday. :)

4. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have no experience with the powerwheels but we do have the push and ride toy, it's a push walker and converts into a little car that they can push to move with their feet and mine love it.

5. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

I got this for my grandsons first birthday and he rides it every day .. plus you can use it as a stroller ! It was great for the mall. Radio Flyer Coupe

6. becky5

becky5 Guest

In my experience, the power wheels just don't hold their attention like something they have to ride or push themselves. We have had a few, and they usually sat unused.

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We bought the push/ride toys for the first birthday and bought the bigger power wheels for the second birthday. My ds has a quad he STILL rides (he'll be 7 in 2 weeks), and we just got my dd a barbie jeep for christmas this year :)