Potty Training Success

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Beth*J, Jun 16, 2011.

1. Beth*J

Beth*J Well-Known Member

I think I can finally safely say both of my girls are potty trained. I thought it was going to kill me. We started LAST AUGUST because the girls were getting ready to move to the preschool room at daycare and they strongly encourage having them trained. Karina really picked up on it quickly and had very few issues. Annelise, on the other hand, showed no interest, was not motivated by toys or candy or anything I could think of. We struggled all year. As soon as school/daycare ended for the summer...she got it. Something clicked. Whew! I thought this day would never come. In hindsight, we shouldn't have started her so early, but once we were into it, I just felt like we'd be backtracking to go back to diapers and preschool said they preferred to deal with accidents than diapers, so that's the way it was. So, it only took 10 months, but we made it. :)

2. AmberG

AmberG Well-Known Member

Yay for no more diapers! That's great!

1 person likes this.
  3. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:yahoo: Congratulations!

1 person likes this.
  4. bran24

bran24 Well-Known Member

Congrats...we started last August as well and I think we're *almost* there. Pooping in the toilet is the biggest challenge, hopefully soon.

1 person likes this.