Potty Training Book recommendations

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by LMW1015, Mar 4, 2011.

1. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

I am pretty sure this info is in here somewhere but I haven't had time to do a thorough search. I've been doing some quick searches on Amazon and I keep seeing people talk about the 3 Day Potty Training thing. I am a book person. I kind of need something to follow to get me going. LOL The twins are 27 1/2 months old and DS seems ready most days. DD could care less. I was making progress over Christmas but I got way too stressed because Ryder (who is now 11 months) kept getting into everything and I just couldn't keep up with running to do potty training and deal with him. I give credit to everyone who does this. I feel like I'm going to cry just thinking about it. LOL I KNOW I need to get started on it soon but don't have a lot of motivation. I think the kids are more ready than me. LOL I can't spend a lot of money. My husband will not be thrilled at all. I saw the 3 day potty training thing is around 25.00. What are some recommendations out there. $25 is way more than I wanted to spend but is it really worth it?

2. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

I got the 3 day potty training ebook that you most likely referenced. You will SAVE so much more money by quitting diapers that I figured it was worth it for me. It's a pretty simple approach, but I did like to be able to read it and understand her rationale for myself. You truly need to spend the full 3 days doing nothing but watching the potty training kids like a hawk. If you could get someone to watch your little one for a few days that would really help you, or if you have a gated play area for him, he won't die if you separate him from the rest of you for a day or so...

anyway, good luck! we did the 3day approach at 28 months and they were not fully trained in 3 days, but they sure got the concept! and it took them a bit of time to build up their bladders to hold it for a while. Now at 33 months we haven't had accidents out in a long time. and we're finally not taking the potty seat and extra clothes with us.

I would say that for my dd once I gave her access to the little potty she about trained herself... until that she wasn't making as much progress as my ds. Now my ds is the one who wakes up dry consistantly and my dd is a maybe. I tried her in a cloth pullup that I converted from our cloth diaper stash and then she started waking up dry mostly.

good luck! not having to change 2 sets of diapers is wonderful for me!

3. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

In my opinion, the concept of the 3-Day approach is totally worth the $25. That said, the eBook is light on content. The approach is simple enough that you do not need a lot of filler.

I think I also found an online coupon that saved me a couple bucks??? I am pretty sure I just Googled it.

FWIW, I am a big "parenting book" collector and never thought twice about needing an additional book about potty-training.

4. meganguttman

meganguttman Well-Known Member

Have you checked the library yet? Our base library can order them from another library if it's requested.

5. LMW1015

LMW1015 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the replies! :) It sounds like the 3-day training is the way to go. So it said they answer questions and stuff so if I have specific issues maybe that is the way to go and it is a good way to think of 25.00 well spent if you're saving well over $100 a month right? LOL Maybe I'll get it here soon. :) My husband has 4 day weekends here and there so maybe on one of those I will enlist his help to keep an eye on Ryder. :)