Pottery Barn Kids Anywhere Chairs vs. Bean Bags

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twinboys07, Sep 1, 2008.

1. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

I've been looking at these and was planning to get the PBK Anywhere Chairs, but now I am wondering if the boys would have more fun with the beanbags (and therefore get more use from them).

Any input? I know a lot of you have the chairs. Does anyone have the bean bags?

Thanks! :cool:

2. gottagiggle&twins

gottagiggle&twins Well-Known Member

We have the chairs and my kids LOVE them. They climb on them, and are in and out of them at least 100 times a day. Well worth the money and well loved. And they are holding up quite nicely.

As for bean bags, we don't have them, but they have been around them, and they were not as interested.

3. mnellson

mnellson Well-Known Member

The chairs are cute, but the bean bags will get more use throughout the years and you can buy more filling. You can also buy different covers to change style over time. The PBK chairs are on the small side and won't be used as long.

4. traci.finley

traci.finley Well-Known Member

My girls LOVE their PBK chairs! They will sometimes sit in them for an entire Baby Einstein! Or they love to climb in and out and tackle each other and/or be sweet and just sit with each other. I have thought about getting a bean bag chair for them to climb on but haven't ... so I don't have a good comparison for you there!

5. littletwinstars

littletwinstars Well-Known Member

We have the PBK chairs and they love them, too. They climb all over them and like to sit and read their books, too. It's a nice thing to have for "quiet time."

6. NicoleT

NicoleT Well-Known Member

We have the chairs and mine use them ALL the time. I think both are great.

7. gottagiggle&twins

gottagiggle&twins Well-Known Member

I actually think they can use the PBK chairs for a LONG time. My butt fits in the chairs (and my butt is not small, sad but true!) so I figure they will be able to use them for a LONG time :D

8. kajulie

kajulie Well-Known Member

we have the chairs and my girls love them. As someone else said, I can actually sit in them myself, so i know they'll be able to use them for years and years to come...

9. Jennie-OH

Jennie-OH Well-Known Member

We don't have either but we were recently around a beanbag and Mandi was in love with it. lol. I just struggle with the cost of those chairs (times two).

10. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I have the chairs, and I love them. Just don't get the First ones, those are small, but I still fit in the regular ones. My oldest is 4, still using it a lot too. We have light pink, hot pink and sky blue. I recently bought a new light pink cover for my oldest and I got reproduction / non-PBK fillings on eBay for the twins' chairs and they just work fine too, and WAYYYYY cheaper!

11. dfaut

dfaut 30,000-Post Club

I have the bean bags from Lillian Vernon (for 2+ yrs. now) and they get a TON of use out of them!!! LOVE THEM!!!

12. twinboys07

twinboys07 Well-Known Member

Oooh... the eBay idea is GREAT-- thanks for that one! :)

Thanks to all of you for your input. I know these are so popular!

13. jschaad

jschaad Well-Known Member

I have the oversized anywhere chairs and highly recommend them! We have a bean bag chair and they never get in it but love to sit in the chairs and climb on them. :) Good luck!