possible food poisoning???

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by mhouse, Feb 6, 2007.

1. mhouse

mhouse Well-Known Member

ok so last week i had a virus that went away and then last night i started having diarrhea again with really bad stomach cramps...so i called the office and 2 other people have it too!!! we all had the same lunch yesterday, so we think it was the food...anybody have any experience with this???

i have calls in to my ob and my gp - what a week it's been for me!!!

2. mhouse

mhouse Well-Known Member

ok so last week i had a virus that went away and then last night i started having diarrhea again with really bad stomach cramps...so i called the office and 2 other people have it too!!! we all had the same lunch yesterday, so we think it was the food...anybody have any experience with this???

i have calls in to my ob and my gp - what a week it's been for me!!!

3. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

If you're all having the same symptoms after eating the same food, it would seem logical to assume there was something shady in what you ate. I don't know if it was full-blown food poisoning (my experience with food poisoning is violent vommitting and not just diahrreah) but it sounds like you definitely got something!

Reyna

4. mhouse

mhouse Well-Known Member

there's a total of 4 of us altogether so far...luckily just diarrhea...i'm going to see my gp at 3pm...

5. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

50% of food poisoning cases are actually mis diagnosed and are really Norwalk (or NORO) virus. This can commonly happen in a group of lunch buddies because it is most commonly spread places where people eat! But is also includes very violent vomiting usually. Just a little info. I picked up last year when we had 3 different outbreaks in our area (no one ate out of thier homes for the rest of the winter!) Ask your doc.