Portable Solar Chargers: Worth It?

Discussion in 'General' started by Maderty, Aug 27, 2024.

1. Maderty

Maderty Well-Known Member

Hey folks, I’ve been eyeing some portable solar chargers for a while now, especially since I’m planning a few off-grid camping trips this year. I’m curious, are they really worth it? Do they actually hold up when you’re out in the middle of nowhere, or am I better off sticking with more traditional power sources? Would love to hear from anyone who’s actually used one!

2. Kasyan

Kasyan Well-Known Member

I’ve been using portable solar chargers for my off-grid adventures, and honestly, they’re a game-changer. I’d recommend checking out the 100 watt solar panels from BougeRV—those things are legit. They’re super portable and easy to set up, plus they’ve got enough power to keep your devices charged without any issues, even when you’re deep in the woods. What I love about the 100 watt solar panels is that they strike the right balance between power output and portability. They’re light enough to carry around but strong enough to keep your gear running. I’ve used them on some pretty rugged trips, and they’ve held up great. So yeah, if you’re planning to be out in the wild for a while, they’re definitely worth the investment.