Portable Highchairs- What Brand - Likes/Dislikes

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twinkler, Jul 23, 2012.

1. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

I had a clip-on the table portable highchair for Aliah until she was 3, I think it was a Childcare brand, which we found really handy. But I think with two of those, there wouldn't be much room at the table plus I'm not sure it would fit my parents' table because theirs has a lip underneath it.

I'm so undecided about the type to get - I'm tossing up between the cloth-type ones that fit over the chair, the clip-on one I had before or a booster seat.

What have you had for your twins, that's still given you plenty of space at the table and not made too much of a mess if it's just over/on the chair? And it needs to be super safe because Sierra likes to sit leaning over to one side.

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I used the Fisher Price booster seats. They stayed in my car actually. I can't say enough good things about them! Love them! Got more than my money's worth on them. I used them whenever we went to restaurants. Instead of them sitting in the high chairs at the restaurants, where they could have hot food/drinks spilled on them, or strangers touching them, etc...these went right in the booths. Or you could do on a chair as well. I preferred booths. Lol! It was less of a mess too because there is a tray, so what food didn't end up in their mouth was on the tray or the booth-not the floor.

They are plastic and easily washable. My boys are 4.5, and I watch a one year old, and that's what she sits in at my house. Best money ever spent. And if I went to other peoples houses, I had a high chair for them as it didn't leave my car. Can't go wrong!

3. christinam

christinam Well-Known Member

I agree the boosters are very nice. We had a Safety First booster seat. It had a tray or could just sit up to the table.

4. juliannepercy

juliannepercy Well-Known Member

We also use the Fisher Price booster seats. That's all we've ever used as high chairs, easy to clean and take anywhere.

5. twinkler

twinkler Well-Known Member

I've been looking at the Safety 1st ones, I haven't seen the Fisher Price yet - they are similar aren't they? How did you go for space in the car, with two of them and double buggy? (we have a Territory).

6. Twin nanny

Twin nanny Well-Known Member

My twins had some like this and I really liked them. They fold up small (the bottom inflates a bit so if you let the air out that makes the bottom half smaller, then the top half folds down) so they're easy to cart about, because the cushion part inflates you can slightly adjust how high they are in the chair to adapt to different chair:table heights. E & E actually have some like that too, in fact Ethan sits in it all the time at home since we got rid of the proper high chairs before he was 2. The only downside I can see is that it doesn't have a tray, so they do have to take up a space at the table. Also it would allow more room for your daughter to lean over, although I've always found them to be very secure as long as you do the straps up tight.

Eleanor also had one similar to this but I didn't like it as much because it didn't give a boost, which meant that with most chairs she was not high enough to reach the food on the table properly. Although it was of course very easy to carry around and did hold her very securely.

7. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I had an inflatable one with my oldest two, it was great so lightweight and portable. I also like the fisher price and safety 1st ones with the tray table. But food always got stuck in the cracks of it, making it a huge pain to clean out sometimes!

But, the one I LOVED was the ones i got with my twins. Graco Booster It was lightweight. But the best part, NO cracks for food to get into and get stuck. The back has 2 adjustments, forward and back, for when your kiddo gets bigger. And the straps are molded into the back. The back comes out with a simple click and you can wash the whole thing easy peasy. Can't say enough good things about this one. You can get the 4 in 1 system too....4 in 1 seating system If they had had this before I had my twins I would have totally bought it!