Portable DVD Player

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Tivanni, May 4, 2008.

1. Tivanni

Tivanni Well-Known Member

We are looking for a relatively inexpensive DVD player as we have been told they are wonderful on LONG airplane rides....the other recommendation we received is get an inexpensive one because they WILL break it. :D One suggestion was a mountable one so it can be used in the car after.

Any brand recommendations or places to purchase??

Thanks!!

2. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

My girls have the Audiovox 9" Twin DVD. You can play a DVD on each one, or set it up in the car so that they can view one movie on both screens. It comes with a remote for each player as well as a carrying case. I love it!

3. ehm

ehm Banned

QUOTE(MichelleL @ May 4 2008, 07:32 PM) [snapback]755151[/snapback]
    My girls have the Audiovox 9" Twin DVD. You can play a DVD on each one, or set it up in the car so that they can view one movie on both screens. It comes with a remote for each player as well as a carrying case. I love it!

The Target description is pretty vague, I went looking for a little more info on Amazon, what do you use for a power source? I am thinking of stimulating the economy in a few weeks but really struggling with what kind of power source I would want.

4. seamusnicholas

seamusnicholas Well-Known Member

I bought a Sony one but it was more expensive because I wanted one with a longer battery life and the Sony had 5 hours. From what I remember, the others had a 2 hour battery life and I did not want it to go out at the wrong time.

5. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

QUOTE(ehm @ May 4 2008, 10:08 PM) [snapback]755358[/snapback]
    The Target description is pretty vague, I went looking for a little more info on Amazon, what do you use for a power source? I am thinking of stimulating the economy in a few weeks but really struggling with what kind of power source I would want.

It comes with cords to hook it up to either a car cigarette lighter or to a TV. I was a little disappointed that it doesn't come with a DC plug. I'm going to go and get one soon because we're taking a trip to PA later this month and want to be able to use it in our room at the hotel.

6. kajulie

kajulie Well-Known Member

7. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

We have a Disney dual screen we got at Target. It's nice because it snaps together to form its own case. I think it was around $150 on sale...can't remember for sure.