Poor Oz... first face bruise!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Rollergiraffe, Sep 26, 2010.

1. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Poor Austin was sitting in his booster seat this morning, and Daddy took the tray off the front. Austin grabbed his brother's chair and managed to pull his own chair forward. Fortunately DH caught him on the way down, but he smashed his face on his brother's chair on the way. Poor bub has a HUGE bruise on his cheek. He screamed holy murder for about 5 minutes, but I think mostly because he scared himself. Once he got calmed down he seemed to forget all about it. Poor kiddo... I know that this is probably the first in a very long line of injuries and bruises, but I do feel so bad for him. We won't be leaving them in their boosters without the tray on anymore.. they lean way too far forward and can totally tip themselves.. they're so strong now.

2. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Owowowow, poor guy! :( How's he feeling? Yes, you are correct that this won't be the last bruise he'll have, and he'll probably add some goose-eggs, cuts, and scrapes for good measure. ;)

I'm always amazed at how hard they can fall, and how quickly they bounce back. :)

3. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

[​IMG] Ouch poor guy!

4. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

He seems totally fine now.. his cheek was hurting when he woke from his nap, but after a dose of tylenol and a cool cloth on it he seems a-ok. We went to the farmers market this afternoon and multiple people commented on his "blueberry stained" cheeks :lol:

5. ronee75

ronee75 Well-Known Member

awww, poor guy! i know it can be heart-wrenching to see them have boo-boos...we seem to have an awful lot these days. in fact, my poor giana fell the other day and smacked her face into our coffee table (not a corner) and got a big black and blue mark right between her eyes...ouch! now it's a nice shade of yellow...lol...thank god they seem to get over things so quickly!

6. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

:hug: poor little man! I remember right around the time my kids turned one, my DD accidently gave DS a black eye. I think she had a remote in her hand and was swinging it back and forth and she didn't know he was there and he thought he had time and she got him right on the corner of his eye. Poor kid had his Santa pic with a little bit of black eye.

7. scrappycindy

scrappycindy Well-Known Member

My Mary got some pretty nasty bruises on her face recently. She fell over the end of the cough into a plastic shelving unit. She screamed for a while, then acted like it didn't even bother her. I moved the shelf and the couch to the wall so that won't happen again. Now, there are blankets and pillows on the floor at the other end of the couch.

8. kayte819

kayte819 Member

Aww poor baby! I am getting better at not flipping out when they get hurt but its tough. Mine are WILD so we always have injuries around here...we've had a black eye, a concussion, stitches (all my DS Kingston) & when DD Isla was brand new her "helpful" big brother (20 mos) pulled her off the couch & she landed on the tile. She had a fractured skull & her brain was bleeding & she had to spend the night in the NICU. Every single one of these injuries was sustained while I was right there, but my super powers couldn't get me underneath them fast enough :( Its tough having lots of LO's - especially crazy ones like I have. Buckle up mama!! I think twinhood guarantees a wild, bumpy ride - lol!!