Poor DD has broken her arm

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by kathwalton, Apr 11, 2012.

1. kathwalton

kathwalton Member

Hi - She slipped from a small climbing fram and fell akwardly. She is in a cast for next 6 wks and I am afraid to say I am struggling aldready. I know it is still early days but just wondering if you have any tips on how to cope with things like bathing and also any ideas on suitable activities. Also feel sorry for DS as he is getting bored with staying home now. Nightimes are rough as she can't get comfortable. Will she get more used to it as time goes on. Cast is grubby already, only knows what it will be like in 6 wks. I am following her around everywhere, afraid that she might do more damage. Am I being too cautious? Many thanks for any advice.

2. Leighann

Leighann Well-Known Member

How old is she? One of my DDs broke her foot at 3 yrs old. For that I put a sock (one of mine) or a slipper over the cast and she didn't have any restrictions on walking on it (the doctor said if she wants to, she should). I used that press and seal saran wrap stuff for bathing her. Good luck! Poor punkin.

3. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We used press n seal saran wrap too for baths. My son broke his foot this winter. He wore a hole into in in less than a week and they had to put a new cast on (and that was all with one of those shoes over the cast too). Its tough but I am sure she will be used to it soon enough!! Hope the weeks pass by quickly.

Oh I know they do sell covers and such made especially for casts. Someone told us to try an umbrella cover that they have at some business's but we couldn't get it over his foot!

4. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

I'm so sorry! We haven't dealt with this (yet?) but I hope she heals quickly!

5. kathwalton

kathwalton Member

Ah many thanks for your replies. Sorry forgot to mention she is 2y 5m. Thanks again.