Pooping at 5am

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by sbcowell, Nov 16, 2011.

1. sbcowell

sbcowell Well-Known Member

My ds has been doing this for months, nearly every morning at around 5am he yells for us bc he has to poop. Because we help him wipe he needs us every morning at 5am and he often doesnt fall back asleep afterwards Anyone deal with this? How an I change his body cycle and train him to poop during the day???

2. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Yikes! I have no idea. Sometimes our little guys will need to poop after they've been in bed for 30+ minutes and I thought that was a bit annoying. But 5 a.m.? I feel for you!

3. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

I remember my son when he was in the 2 year old range, he'd poop in his diaper within 15 minutes of going down for a nap. He was totally stalling! LOL I do not know the answer to your dilemna though. Good luck!

4. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Does he only poop once a day?

I think you can try to switch his pooping time to later in the day by a combination of changing dinner times and adding more/less fiber to certain meals.

Or he could just be like my husband. A 5 a.m. pooper.

5. trudyhm@att.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

My youngest DD did this every morning for her entire life, until I gave her some Kefir one evening before bed. My pedi recommended it when we were on antibiotics as it has tons of probiotics in it. I figured out that it made her have a BM before bed, and therefore, no 5am BMs! I have tried yogurt and it has the same result, so we have a yogurt or Kefir snack at 6:30 pm every night. It might be worth a try...