Poop Question

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by bbyboo1323, Oct 21, 2010.

1. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

DS had a round of diareah about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Lasted a day or two and all was well. He has always been one to poo 2 times a day. Now sometimes he goes 3-4 times a day. I have notcied that DD is the same way but it was never abnormal for her not to go for a day or 2.

However, the past week I have noticed some grainy type stools. Not every one but many are like grainy and almost look like bf stools except they werent yellowish but they had a seedy look or a grainy look. I am going to call their dr today to see what she thinks but thought I'd see if any of you have gone or are going through this.

Also I thought by now they would have more solid poops. They used to but the past few weeks there have been no solid type stools

2. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

Have you added anything new to their diet, or changed anything? I know my guys have vastly different poops depending upon what I feed them. If not, I would definitely call the ped and rule out a stomach bug.

3. MarchI

MarchI Well-Known Member

It takes about 2 weeks for GI viruses to clear your system. I'd say he is still feeling some effects. He will get back to normal, it might need some more time.

4. bbyboo1323

bbyboo1323 Well-Known Member

Nothing new in their diet. Same things they have had for the past 3 or 4 months. However DS cut 2 molars this week as well. I will keep an eye on it for a few more days. Again its not every poop just once or twice a day. But also, none is formed stools but I am not sure when they should be formed rather than loose and baby like stools