poop color question, pls help

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by EmmaKay, Nov 19, 2006.

1. EmmaKay

EmmaKay Well-Known Member

Yet another "is this poop the right color??" question...sorry if TMI

Ronan's poop is always yellow, but the curds--which are supposed to be white, right?--are often green instead. They are medium-dark green--they look like dried herbs, actually. Is that ok? Should I be worried that they aren't white? Could it be signaling an imbalance or something?

Thanks for any help and/or reassurance you can offer...

2. EmmaKay

Yet another "is this poop the right color??" question...sorry if TMI

Ronan's poop is always yellow, but the curds--which are supposed to be white, right?--are often green instead. They are medium-dark green--they look like dried herbs, actually. Is that ok? Should I be worried that they aren't white? Could it be signaling an imbalance or something?

Thanks for any help and/or reassurance you can offer...

3. MeldieB

MeldieB Well-Known Member

My girls had all different kinds of poops ... still do. Don't worry about it!!! It sounds just fine to me. The important thing is that he IS pooping! [​IMG]

4. li li

li li Well-Known Member

i'll second what meldie said - ours came in all different colours and combinations of colours. it's more worrying if either there aren't sufficient dirty nappies or if there's blood/mucus in the poop (and even then we had a couple of mucousy ones for no apparent reason).

5. Heather C

Heather C Well-Known Member

we've had everything from mustard yellow to dijon mustard yellow to white-ish,. to spinach green (which incidentally if you do get this,. i have heard it means at the last few meals they got more foremilk (watery part) than hindmilk(creamy part at the end) i also just heard at the docs office that breastfed babies can go 3 or so days with no poo,. or as often as every diaper (correct me if i am wrong in recounting this info) and all different colors. the biggee i think to watch for is dehydration- pee pee diapers... or going too long.

6. Christine100700

Christine100700 Well-Known Member

Yup breastfed babies have allllllll kinds of colored poopies like everyone has said.
    And to add to Heather Cs pooping frequency...breastfed babies can go up to 2 weeks without pooping for some and some as frequent as every diaper...depends on the baby. With breast milk a lot of babies use it all up and because there is nothing their bodies cant break down ( ie like formula where there is a lot of crap added that they cannot digest ) there will be less poop as its all being used by the body.

7. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

Sean had several weird diapers that looked like someone mixed ground-up spinach with mustard, really odd looking, but perfectly normal! As long as they aren't pooping hard poop then everything is fine!

8. EmmaKay

Thanks as always for the reassurance ladies! I'll cross this off my (looong) list of "stuff I worry about even though you'd think I'd be way too tired to worry about anything". I know I'm the only one with a list like that. [​IMG]

Jenny-- Yes, it was exactly like spinach mixed in..perfect description, and glad Dec's not alone on that one.