POLL: Will you watch the Royal Wedding?

Discussion in 'General' started by Juj, Apr 27, 2011.

?

Will you watch the Royal Wedding

1. Yes!

36.7%
  2. No!

48.3%
  3. Other (because there always has to be an "other."

15.0%
  1. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

So Will (& Kate ;) ) you watch the Royal Wedding?

2. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

I'll watch the highlights on the nightly news, but there's no way I could sit through the whole thing. ;)

3. Katheros

Katheros Well-Known Member

Couldn't care less about it. :unknw:

4. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

That will be me too.

5. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

Ditto :)

6. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

Its a wedding..I watched his mother get married when we lived in England. I will be watching the highlights and maybe record it. But I am not really over excited about it or anything. I am ready for it to be over, so the news will cover something else for a change. :p

Brandy

7. Kendra

Kendra Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I will because I have the whole Monarchist/Royal Watcher thing going on but I wouldn't put an exclamation point on it. I'm still not all that enthusiastic about the couple or the whole wedding thing.

The US has the most press covering it so that is why you have wall to wall everything. I'm actually glad we have an election going on so the attack ads break up the wedding prep stuff. I'm not allowed to watch/read a lot of the stuff because of all the "massaging" of information. (Of course Sarah wouldn't be invited, did you invite ex aunts to your wedding? None of William's other ex relatives are. Of course Camilla would get her hair done before the wedding!)

I with give some advise, watch something that goes with William and Catherine, their official names, as their heading. Wills and Kate are nicknames and if a media outlet isn't concerned with going with the official names then they may not be too concerned about a lot of the other facts. (I avoid "Princess Diana" too since that wasn't her name)

I will be watching my local station. I like that there is more of an connection to the anchors (and I know they've both met Charles and Camilla) and that they will have people I know as their experts.

Anyway, there is my book for today.

1 person likes this.
  8. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

I will not be getting up at 3am to watch it. Not that interested. I'm sure I will see the snippets through out the day. I look forward to seeing the dress.

9. Mama_Kim

Mama_Kim Well-Known Member

I love this sort of thing. I will be getting up early to watch but have set DVR to record just in case too. My mom, cousin, aunt, and neighbor are having a watching party so I will probably call them in Wisconsin too! It's just fun and I enjoy the whole spectacle. I watched Charles and Diana's wedding and Diana's funeral too. Pomp and circumstance!!

1 person likes this.
  10. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

This. :good: I do want to see the dress and I'm sure they'll be showing it (and dissecting it) on the entertainment shows at night.

11. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

I have to work so I will not be able to watch it live. I am going to record it and watch it most likely fast forwarding through some.

I watched Charles and Diana's wedding live and it was beautiful. I am not "into" it as much as some but this is a fairy-tail type wedding and it will be beautiful. I look forward to seeing her dress and the flowers. It will be nice seeing such a positive event on the news when there is so much negative happening.

12. momotwinsmom

momotwinsmom Well-Known Member

I'm DVR'ing the ceremony from 9-10am, but I'm not watching all the pre-stuff they have going on.

13. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Nope. I have no desire to watch it or anything associated with it. I don't dislike it though, just indifferent.

14. MLH

MLH Well-Known Member

I have it set up on the DVR for my 5 yr. old DD. She has heard about it and is in love with all things glamorous. So, we'll probably watch the highlights at some point. I'm not really interested.

My Mom and her best friend are having a "Royal Sleepover". Her friend is spending the night at my Mom's house and they are going to wear Tiaras and boas. They are ordering their favorite food and then will have some kind of royal wedding cake. lol I think it's kind of a cute/fun thing to do for them.

15. Mama_Kim

The "pre-stuff" is my favorite part!

1 person likes this.
  16. silver_stardust

silver_stardust Well-Known Member

Me too! And once I've seen a few snippets and the dress, that'll be all for me!

17. Chrissy Nelson

Chrissy Nelson Well-Known Member

I think it is cool but not enough for me to wake up early. So yes I will watch highlights.

18. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This is me. I'll probably look at a picture of the couple online and that's it. I wish them a long and happy life together but I have no desire to watch them get married or see the spectacle surrounding it.

19. Janclamat

Janclamat Well-Known Member

I'll probably watch parts of it but there is no way I am getting up at 3 in the morning and I probably won't watch the whole thing. I am sure they will have reruns of it every hour that day, then don't forget all the over-analyzing over every single detail of the wedding afterwards. The media will have enough for weeks of coverage, so even if you don't care about it you are going to see it. Good luck to them though. I wouldn't want to have their life.

20. Rollergiraffe

Rollergiraffe Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'll DVR it for sure... get up at 3? Doubtful. It's sort of a guilty pleasure for me. I am not normally into froufy princess stuff, but I remember watching Diana's wedding when I was little and at least it's something happy in the news for once, even if they are way obsessive about it.

21. Oneplus2more

Oneplus2more Well-Known Member

I have the DVR set. I probably wouldn't have for me - but my 6 yr old is very in to the Disney princesses and is fascinated that Kate is a Real Live Cinderella.:lol:

We won't be getting up early, but Kindergarten doesn't start until 1 so I'm sure we'll watch a good bit of it that morning.

22. DATJMom

DATJMom Well-Known Member

Same here!

23. Moodyzblu

Moodyzblu Well-Known Member

No. I don't care. At all. I'm already tired of all the coverage it's getting. I'm happy for them .. they're a cute couple. But don't have any interest in the wedding stuff.

24. KStorey

KStorey Well-Known Member

It's on in the evening for us (New Zealand) so I will watch something else and just flick over in the ad breaks!

25. TwinRichard

TwinRichard Well-Known Member

Even though it is going to be Friday evening here when it happens I still doubt I will be watching as I'm not that interested in watching somebody's wedding on television whoever that might be. I think it is interesting that the American media is so interested in it though. Are other royal weddings shown live on television there too or just weddings of the royal family of the Commonwealth Realms?

26. rubyturquoise

rubyturquoise Well-Known Member

I'm so indifferent that when my mother remarked that one of my daughters resembled some childhood pics of Catherine Middleton I said, "Who's Catherine Middleton?" And I was seriously asking.

27. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

I just set my DVR to record all the pre-wedding stuff, the wedding itself, and the after stuff. I know I won't watch all of it, but I will have fun watching what I want and seeing all of it.

28. Kendra

There might be a snippet of something in the human interest area of a nightly news but nothing like this.

There are 2 other big weddings in royal watching this summer and I don't expect much of anything covered about them.

Prince Albert of Monaco and Charlene Whittstock - July 1&2 (Grace Kelly's son and a South African former Olympic swimmer who I can see the media labeling "the next Grace Kelly") and Zara Phillips and Mike Tindall - July 30. (Zara is William's cousin - Princess Anne's daughter - a former world champion in equestrian eventing and Mike is a professional rugby player)

29. NINI H

NINI H Well-Known Member

I wish I had DVR... I'd like to see a bit because it is a historic event. But, I don't want to get up too early. My sis' awakened me from a sound sleep when Diana died.
    I think some of the novelty for us in the US is because we don't have royalty here.

30. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

This probably sounds pathetic or maybe it's the fact that I don't really care about it, but I don't even know when it is. :pardon:

31. jamey

jamey Well-Known Member

I'm kind of getting enamored by it all :FIFblush: I will definitely watch (I don't have any plans tomorrow afternoon, so I can nap, lol).. I'm going to make myself something sweet for breakfast, sit in my bathrobe (maybe with a tiara) and watch the whole thing. I'm inviting my older daughters to join me, but I don't know if they'll want to give up their sleep. I so hope they do. It's the pomp & circumstance I'm after, and the rarity of the occasion. Oh, and the dress. I'm dying to see the dress.

32. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

Already set my alarm for 3am I am very excited will probably wake the girls about 530am so they can see Catherine in her dress. I am not going so far as to dress up though (some people I know are), I will be in my nightie and housecoat and maybe sipping a Baileys Coffee.

1 person likes this.
  33. Mama_Kim

Up and watching since 4 am! Drinking coffee, eating banana muffins I made last night, and loving it!

34. Kendra

I've been up all night. :p

35. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

I'm watching now!! :woo: :woo: :woo: Kate just got into the car...her dress is beautiful!!