Plus Size and Need a Maternity Support Belt

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by minivanmama, Jun 11, 2009.

1. minivanmama

minivanmama Well-Known Member

I was anywhere between a size 18 and 22 before getting pregnant with twins.

I'm not 24 weeks and pulled my round ligament. My doctor told me to get a maternity belt and specifically suggested the Mom EZ.

I'm just wondering about sizing.

Has anyone used a belt and if so do you have suggestions as to sizes. Thanks a bunch,

2. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

My maternity belt ran small ~ but had velcro so I could adjust to different sizes.
    I just googled 'plus-size maternity belt' and it did come up with what looks like a few good options :good:
    Good luck, hope you find one that works & that is comfortable for you :)

3. nadana77

nadana77 Well-Known Member

Motherhood Maternity has one that I just purchased and the sizes go up to a 3X.
    Good Luck finding one :)

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm in the same boat at 25 weeks! Sometimes one of the boys rests on my bladder all day- it'd be nice if I could push him up a bit. Also, it really hurts to yawn & cough. I'm planning on asking my doc for a script for one when I go in next week. Apparently insurance does cover them as durable medical equipment and it KILLS me to spend approx. $100 on yet another piece of pregnancy "underwear"!

Michelle

di/di boys

5. twointheoven

twointheoven Well-Known Member

I am about your size, and I found a great one at Motherhood. They will let you try it on there to find right size (1X-3X). I will say though I had one twin sitting really low and after wearing it for a while it became very uncomfortable and I almost felt like I was hurting my little guy so I ended up taking it off for a while. I did try the Medela one, and it was too small, so you probably want to stick with ones made for plus sizes. Good luck.

6. chellebelle

chellebelle Well-Known Member

i bought the prenatal mini cradle and honestly I haven't used it much. It just squishes me when I'm sitting down and I too felt like it was squishing my babies after a while. I am carrying very low though. Good luck. (My pants were around a 14 before pregnancy and I got a medium belt.)

7. piccologirl

piccologirl Well-Known Member

motherhood maternity! find one near you, it will be your friend!

8. lola5

lola5 Well-Known Member

Seems like finding the right maternity support belt, especially for plus-size needs, can be a bit of a challenge. It's similar to the attentiveness shown by Mission Belt customer service , where they focus on providing products that fit well and offer comfort. A good maternity belt should not only support your belly but also provide ease during your daily activities. It's really important to choose one that is adjustable and made with soft, stretchy materials for maximum comfort.