Please reassure me 4 is calmer

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by MrsWright, Nov 18, 2012.

1. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My boys are mouthy, disobedient, ad sometimes just plain mean:(. They yell at everyone for everything which means if they're in a heated argument guess who's yelling at them to stop!? I've never wished for more date nights or bedtime than in the past couple weeks!:/
    What can I do? We said tonight maybe they are just getting all their "terrible 3s" out before turning 4! But seriously tell me they get calmer!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Also I think they just need some more engaging toys they play constantly with their trucks and tractors but I think we need some thinking toys around here (that won't cause frustration!), know any good ones?
    Oh and add in Hannah with the usual I'm 2 1/2 so I'm gonna go crazy attitude and I need some earplugs!

2. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Magnatiles.

3. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Any of the Imaginext toys encourage creative play, my boys spend hours with them!

4. MrsWright

We have magnatiles but they don't play with them as much, actually Hannah plays with them most. I'll have to check out the imaginext

5. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We've got loads of imaginext-that was the huge toy last year!!! I'm trying to think of what else....

6. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

My children also love love love Imaginext. Jack had a dinosaur civilization set up just this weekend!

7. MrsWright

Ok good thin their bday is coming up and Christmas;)

I don't want to make them sound awful bc they are funny and loving and thoughtful but when they are in a mood it's walking on eggshells to prevent the next explosion and its all the exact opposite of what I just said they were! Lucky they are always pretty well behaved in public!

8. jjzollman

jjzollman Well-Known Member

Playmobil toys are also awesome!

Any toys with "guys", as my boys call them, keep my boys busy for hours. Pirates, Superheroes, astronauts, and the list goes on.

9. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

My boys play a lot with their Duplos, their action figures, their jungle animals play set, their play kitchen, their Little Tikes workbench and arts and crafts stuff. Plus outside play stuff--trampoline, swingset, T-ball set, soccer goal, etc.
    And yeah, we are about 6 weeks away from 4 and I really hope it is indeed calmer! :)