Please help! Need advice...

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by LuvMyTwinies, Sep 21, 2009.

1. LuvMyTwinies

LuvMyTwinies New Member

Hi girls! Thanks for taking the time to read this. I have 5 month old b/g twins that I used IVF to bring into this world. Background-I had tried clomid, clomid + IUI, then IVF. We had unexplained infertility. I chose not to get back on birth control after the babies were born since I had such a hard time getting pregnant in the first place. I have not been feeling great, so I took a hpt today and it came back POSITIVE! I wanted more kids, just not this soon :) Do you girls think it's possible that my + was leftover hcg from the twins or a new pregnancy? My last period was July 29ish. My mind is racing a million miles an hour! I called my doctor and I'm going in for a blood test tomorrow, but I'd love anyone's insight before then. Thanks ladies!

2. 4lilmonkeys

4lilmonkeys Well-Known Member

Well, I'm not very educated on the ins and outs of IVF, hormones, etc. but I do have three boys that are one year and five days apart. :lol: My guess is that you're probably pregnant. I can also tell you that my DH and I struggled for five years to conceive before I got pregnant with DS2, so to get pregnant again so soon after (and with twins!) was pretty much a complete shock to us. Sometimes, that's just the way it goes. That's about all I've got as far as insight goes. You'll be okay if you're pregnant! I promise. The boys just turned two and three last week and it's been a lot of fun.

Best of luck to you, no matter what!

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

Since your babies are 5 months old, I would imagine you are pregnant. :hug: :hug:

4. beyondbliss1

beyondbliss1 Member

I am pretty sure that you are pregnant if your babies are 5 months old! Congrats and keep us updated!!!!

5. mom23sweetgirlies

mom23sweetgirlies Well-Known Member

Sounds like you are pregnant to me, congratulations and welcome! :) It seems like this happens on this board quite often, as far as people who used help to conceive ending up preggo on their own unexpectedly. You could not ask for a better blessing even if the timing doesn't seem right. :)

6. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

Congrats, you're pregnant :) I know it must be a shock with babies so young but you will be just great! Keep us posted.

7. pamallhoney

pamallhoney Well-Known Member

Yes, I would say you are pregnant. My twins were 4.5 months old when I got pregnant with this most recent baby. I went in to see my OB (who is in his 70's) at 6 weeks pregnant and he said, "Didn't I tell you, you are more fertile after having twins." Not sure if that's true, but he said it to me. I sure wished he would have warned me sooner, lol, but then we wouldn't have Miss J. He and his wife had twins as their first kids and ended up getting pregnant two months after they were born. They had 3 little boys in 11 months. :)

Congrats! It's totally doable. I did my best to get the twins on a schedule. I also had a talk with them before the baby was born and said they had to be walking and STTN, lol! And they were, thank God!

Oh and I see this is your first post on TS. WELCOME AND CONGRATS on your twins and the new baby!!!

8. LuvMyTwinies

LuvMyTwinies New Member

Thanks for all the advice! I have my doctor's appointment at 9:20am, so I will let you all know how it comes out. I think we're still in such shock and it really hasn't sunk in yet. It's such a great blessing, just a little overwhelming to soak in. It's so nice to have a support group online. I lurked the site during my pregnancy and did post every once in awhile, but forgot my username and password, so I just started a new account :)
    Thanks ladies!

9. swilhite25

swilhite25 Well-Known Member

Oh my goodness! Congratulations! My b/g twins were also five months old when I got pregnant (surprise!) with this little one. It's a wild ride but you are definitely in the right place for support. Welcome!