Playtex Ventaire Natural Advanced

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by carlaj23, May 26, 2009.

1. carlaj23

carlaj23 Well-Known Member

I use the Playtex Ventaire Natural Advanced Wide bottles for EBM. I am having problems with the markings coming off....so I no longer know how many ounces, etc. Not a huge problem with EBM since I know from the storage bag how much was in there, but it is an issue if I'm mixing formula. Anyone else have this issue? My girls do great on these bottles...they really only get a bottle once every other day or so (I don't want them to refuse a bottle like my DS did) but I'm wanting/needing to purchase some additional bottles and don't want to purchase the same ones if the same thing is going to happen. I have a few of the same bottles, but not the "Advanced" and they are fine. I'm a little leary about trying a different bottle/nipple since I know they like these. Anyone else have a similar problem?

2. kittenkills

kittenkills Well-Known Member

happened to me. we marked the bottles with permanant marker, which ended up being not so permanent. the nonadvanced ones also come in wide, you could always just use the same nipple from the advance on the non-advanced bottles. we ended up measuring everything with my pump bottles which made for more dishwashing. now we use drop ins.

3. carlylafont

carlylafont Well-Known Member

QUOTE(carlaj23 @ May 26 2009, 01:43 PM) [snapback]1328703[/snapback]
    I use the Playtex Ventaire Natural Advanced Wide bottles for EBM. I am having problems with the markings coming off....so I no longer know how many ounces, etc. Not a huge problem with EBM since I know from the storage bag how much was in there, but it is an issue if I'm mixing formula. Anyone else have this issue? My girls do great on these bottles...they really only get a bottle once every other day or so (I don't want them to refuse a bottle like my DS did) but I'm wanting/needing to purchase some additional bottles and don't want to purchase the same ones if the same thing is going to happen. I have a few of the same bottles, but not the "Advanced" and they are fine. I'm a little leary about trying a different bottle/nipple since I know they like these. Anyone else have a similar problem?

I have the same problem with the markings coming off, and do the same as the poster below and measure in the medela bottles then use the playtex ones for feeding. Mostly because the nipple on the playtex bottle is easier for my twins to use than the medela bottles. I switch because it gives them less air and they seem to spill less in the playtex ones rather than the medela ones.

4. doubletrouble!

doubletrouble! New Member

We had the same problem..our babies loved the ventaire but the markings came off all the bottles within a couple of weeks. I finally read online that Playtex had heard numerous complaints and had fixed the problem in the newest bottles. We went out and purchased the "crystal clear" version of the Ventaire and the markings have not come off at all, so I'd recommend getting those.

5. SC_Amy

SC_Amy Well-Known Member

We've had the same problem and DH ended up actually scratching the lines on there for the ounce markings. Frustrating when you pay that much for bottles!

6. Sisrea

Sisrea Well-Known Member

Yea this happend to us too.. It drove DH nuts.

They ended up leaking on us quite a bit so that ended up being the last straw for us and we switched to dr browns bottles afterwards and they have the markings stamped into the plastic so that solved that problem for us

7. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

We had that problem. I called playtex and complained. They have started making new bottle with different ink so it does not come off. I sent back 18 bottles and got a refund on them b/c I had already bought new bottles. They told me they had ALOT of calls regarding this issue.