Pictures from Basic Combat Training

Discussion in 'General' started by HealysBakersDozen, Sep 21, 2008.

1. HealysBakersDozen

HealysBakersDozen Well-Known Member

Hi Guys,
    I graduated Basic Combat Training on the 12th of September and my whole family was there. Then, they took me up to Aberdeen Proving Grounds, MD., where I'm in my Advanced Individual Training (AIT) for the next three months. BCT was hard but I had a great time. The Army is definitely for me. AIT is hard too because additionally to the physical training (at 05:00 hrs. every morning) and the PT tests, we are is school all day and have to perform well there to graduate AIT. After school, we do more physical training and go to bed early. So, there is very little free time. I don't have a lot of time to write at the moment but will tell you my story very soon.
    Kit and the kids are great! Ben, my oldest, went off to college at the University of Fayetteville, N.C., where he has received a full scholarship for basketball. He's 6'8" and the center on the basketballteam. His major is math and he's doing very well. My second, third and fourth sons want to join the military when they are old enough (and so do my 3 little girls, lol, they know the Army song and several cadences already). For starters, I'm including three pics from my last 2 days of Basic, before and after graduation. The first pic is taken with my favorite Drill Sergeant who was my idol and mentor throughout my whole BCT experience. The second pic is me with another "Wolfpack" (name of our Platoon) and the third pic is me and some battle buddies of the same Platoon. Our Platoon consisted of 50 soldiers.
    The entire time, I ran with A trained, which meant the fastest runners in the company. We were 40 out of the 212 troops and only 5 females made it into the elite. My run time averages 15:22 mins for the 2 mile run. Oh, and I made sharpshooter with my M16. I loved the various weapons and ranges. But more about that another day!
    Hope everyone is doing good on this board!

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/6982/bct110kp9.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/578/bct140um6.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/bct140um6.jpg

http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/7241/bct3me9.jpg

2. HealysBakersDozen

Hi Folks,
    I see that 68 people viewed my thread, yet nobody replied (except Krystin who edited my pics and asked me to alter my MP banner). I assume that my absence put me out of the loop here since I didn't have Internet access. Or, people are just not interested in my life on this board. Therefore, Krystin, you may remove my entire thread. I wish everybody on this board a happy and prosperous life. Have a good one! :)

3. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

Wow, it sounds like things are going great for you!! :Clap: What an accomplishment, congratulations!! :Clap:

After the three months are up, what will you do then?

What a great picture of your family, everyone is getting so big!!

4. avd1995

avd1995 Well-Known Member

Congrats! :clapping:

I don't think I would survive one day of basic training. :lol:

5. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

WOW you did it! I was wondering when you were going to finish! Honestly I don't really cruise through Triplets and Large Families much because I only have 3 kids.

QUOTE(avd1995 @ Sep 22 2008, 08:57 PM) [snapback]992573[/snapback]
    I don't think I would survive one day of basic training.

I couldn't either! WTG! :Clap:

6. a1cbrandy

a1cbrandy Well-Known Member

I have been following your story. Very cool. I actually loved basic training. I was in the best darn shape in my life. LOL

I graduated from Air Force Basic Training in 1998. I remember it like it was yesterday. Have fun in AIT.

Brandy

7. twinbears

twinbears Well-Known Member

Wha a proud moment for you and your family.
    I also graduarted Air Force basic training and it was a little sad because no one in my family (didn't have kids or a huybby back then) came. So I bet it was great to see them after all that time.

8. Phia713

Phia713 Well-Known Member

WTG :clapping: I have been reading your posts for you and your family updates. Unfortunately, I still can't see the pics, but based on your Avi, you are in fantastic shape. It is wonderful that your oldest has a full scholarship to college and is doing well in his studies. Great job!!

9. twoplustwo

twoplustwo Well-Known Member

QUOTE(HealysBakersDozen @ Sep 21 2008, 03:06 PM) [snapback]990533[/snapback]
    The entire time, I ran with A trained, which meant the fastest runners in the company. We were 40 out of the 212 troops and only 5 females made it into the elite. My run time averages 15:22 mins for the 2 mile run. Oh, and I made sharpshooter with my M16. I loved the various weapons and ranges. But more about that another day!

wow, that's amazing! Wish I could be in that great shape!! Great pics! thanks for sharing!

10. jillangel

jillangel Well-Known Member

Wow how exciting to see. I love the pic of everyone. It's so neat to see how everyone has grown. Especially the youngest boys. Amazing. I bet your oldest is a great basketball player. He is so tall. I'm still in awe that you take on so much. It takes me over 20 minutes just to walk a mile. You have so many accomplishments! I bet Kit and your children are so proud. They are wonderful to be so supportive also. I know they must miss you but it is for a great reason. Congratulations!

11. 4jsinPA

4jsinPA Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I have to say I am so impressed with all you did. I was late getting in to see it, but I think its so great you have such a wonderful supportive family. Those pics are great and your kids must be so proud of you!
    So what do you do from here?

12. Soon2Bmotherof3

Soon2Bmotherof3 Well-Known Member

Siobahn - Congratulations on a great achievement! The only question that came to my head is how do you stand being away from your little one's for so long? Of course, honestly it must be nice in some ways because I am sure this is the first time in 18 years that you have had any time for yourself. I don't get on TS as much as I used to but have been watching for an update from you so hope you continue to post them here. Good luck in AIT - I am sure you will do great!

13. hrichards

hrichards Well-Known Member

Wow!
    what an acomplishment.

14. medicinemansgirl

medicinemansgirl Well-Known Member

Woah!!!!!!! Siobhan! I can't believe it'a already time for the 1st part of this to be over. I miss you. I'm hardly ever on here anymore due to schooling the children and everyone sharing the comp. LOL! I check back every so often just to see if maybe you've posted. I'm amazed at how your kids have all grown. Olivia is so tall and then your little boys are getting soooooo big.

I'm inspired by all that you are doing. I love what great shape you are in too! I don't think I have ever felt better in my life than when I went through training by a retired Sgt of the Army. He put a group of us willing to do it through "bootcamp". Now he's on CMT and all kinds of other stuff doing bootcamp training with the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders and other shows. LOL! Who would've ever thought? I loved him though and I LOVE what he did for my body!

You're doing so great and I can't wait to hear the WHOLE story! Missing you.

15. j_and_j_twins

j_and_j_twins Well-Known Member

Congratulations, amazing acomplishments.

(ps I for one always read your posts but am not sure if I am supposed to be posting on this one as its for larger families - maybe that's why others didn't post).

16. happybearsfan

happybearsfan Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!

17. Amy R.

Amy R. Well-Known Member

Congrats!! How long were you there for? I don't think I could ever survive at boot camp like that. I'm very impressed, and I'm jealous that you're in such better shape than I am.

A friend of my oldest is leaving for Army Basic Training in less than a year now, after she graduates. She is a drum major of the high school marching band, and even though I'm sure it's getting some military-like practice in, I think it will be tough for her to go from giving orders to recieving them. I'm so nervous for her.

You sure are one tough cookie!

18. bu2full

bu2full Well-Known Member

Your absolutely amazing. I have been looking for a post from you to hear how everything went. Thanks for updating us. We all miss your posts. Remember this is a slow moving board with a lot of "lurkers" (people without large families that don't feel comfortable posting here for that reason but are intrigued by large families). Good luck in your school. We look forward to more regular posts from you when you can.

And thanks for the update on your kids.

19. ChristinaB

ChristinaB Well-Known Member

You look great! I love the picture of you and all the kids.

20. HealysBakersDozen

Thanks, everybody! :) I will try and post more stories and pics soon. Right now, our training is very intense and there are almost no privileges (i.e., very little time on the net, phone, recreation, etc...) Once we are in the "golden" phase, we'll get more freedom and personal time. It's pretty strict here, almost like BCT. Talk to you soon!
    PFC Healy

21. Cristina

Cristina Well-Known Member

Wow! You look amazing! I can't believe how much you have accomplished! (actually, I can, you have always been a strong woman!)

I am sorry you didn't get the response you wanted at the beginning. This forum is pretty slow, we don't get a ton of traffic. I have noticed that I usually don't get a reply to anything until there have been at least 60 views or so! I have wondered why as well, but it seems to be the norm around here!

Keep us posted!!!!

22. DebDai

DebDai Well-Known Member

I luv Aberdeen PV! We lived in the military's Edgewood Family Housing when I was a teen. I used to lay in the feild an watch the exercises an flirt with the guys. My guardian was a Drill Sgt an hed reprimand me all the time for it lol Good times lol. Congrats on finishing! :banana:

23. MNTwinSquared

MNTwinSquared Well-Known Member

Love the pictures and it is nice to see you around again!

24. NCCuties

NCCuties New Member

25. HealysBakersDozen

QUOTE(NCCuties @ Oct 16 2008, 08:46 PM) [snapback]1029349[/snapback]
    Siobhan!!! You must tell Fayetteville that they forgot to include your son on their basketball roster! That is a huge mistake for a freshman center with a full scholarship!!!!!! They must correct that!!

http://fsubroncos.cstv.com/sports/m-baskbl...baskbl-mtt.html

I don't know who you are since this is your first post without an introduction about you and your large family. I also don't know why you are doing research on my son (strange) but FYI freshmen are never put on the main team for their first year. They get conditioned for the job like military personel get prepared for war.

Thanks everybody else for the compliments! :)

26. NCBballfan

NCBballfan New Member

QUOTE(HealysBakersDozen @ Oct 18 2008, 07:28 AM) [snapback]1031265[/snapback]
    I don't know who you are since this is your first post without an introduction about you and your large family. I also don't know why you are doing research on my son (strange) but FYI freshmen are never put on the main team for their first year. They get conditioned for the job like military personel get prepared for war.

Oh never? Jarrick Jones is a freshman.

I am not doing research on your son I just noticed that what you said seemed different from the team roster.

27. HealysBakersDozen

Hm, isn't it amazing that every thread of mine somehow attracks weirdos that find it necessary to sign on under several different usernames in order to comment negatively on one or another item in my life. :crazy:

28. Bichon999

Bichon999 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(HealysBakersDozen @ Oct 19 2008, 08:39 AM) [snapback]1032379[/snapback]
    Hm, isn't it amazing that every thread of mine somehow attracks weirdos that find it necessary to sign on under several different usernames in order to comment negatively on one or another item in my life. :crazy:

lol!!! Don't worry about it, ALL large families get mean comments.
    I don't know if you'd consider mine large, but we get the remarks, anyway.

29. twin_trip_mommy

twin_trip_mommy Well-Known Member

what more can be said than WOW! you amaze me with your accomplishments.

Concerning the weird followers. If you are ever feel that someone has broken the TS TOS report them. This member NC--- seems so have broken one of the TS TOS by creating creating multiple accounts to post to this thread.

30. brianamurnion

brianamurnion Well-Known Member

Wow that is so awesome!! I cant wait for another update!!

31. twinbears

twinbears Well-Known Member

QUOTE(HealysBakersDozen @ Oct 19 2008, 01:39 PM) [snapback]1032379[/snapback]

People are jealous.

32. momof5

momof5 Well-Known Member

Congrats on your accomplishments!! My body is not in good shape! I am in awe of you being able to do so much!!

33. kdoleva

kdoleva Well-Known Member

QUOTE(HealysBakersDozen @ Oct 19 2008, 09:39 AM) [snapback]1032379[/snapback]

I have seen your family on TV but I joined the forum as you were leaving to pursue your career, and I thought it would be strange for me to comment. I do want to say now after reading the odd comment about your oldest son, congratulations on your success. Also, I can't believe how crazy some people are. Good luck with everything.

34. TwinMama6

TwinMama6 Well-Known Member

Glad all is well!

35. Emily@Home

Emily@Home Well-Known Member

Wow, way to go!

I told my DH that having multiples can change your life in certain ways. . . discipline, time management, etc. Do you think your life would've taken this path if you didn't have all your kids? I think this is so very interesting.

Best wishes!