Picky Eating

Discussion in 'Childhood and Beyond (4+)' started by tinalb, Jun 23, 2013.

1. tinalb

tinalb Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It seems my two are starting to come out of the horribly picky phase. I swear they have existed for the last few years on pb&j, mac & cheese, grilled cheese, and bagels. Breakfast is easy, they like most breakfast foods (cereal, pancakes, waffles, bagels, fruit, etc.) but lunch & dinner have just been painful. My older 3 were never this bad & always ate pretty much what we ate (and I am sure I rolled my eyes at parents who fed their kids separate food at dinner time :blush: ). So I guess it was justice that I ended up with 2 of the worst eaters ever. But, hallelujah, for the last month things have improved. Both are starting to try new things (seems to be a bit of a competition between the two) and not whine about it and actually like things. :woo: I was beginning to think it would never happen. So, for all the parents of picky eaters, hang in there, there is still hope!!

2. TwinxesMom

TwinxesMom Well-Known Member

Mine are better now than what they used to be but I'm a mean mom and make them eat school lunches. This has mad Jess (my picky eater) try more things.

3. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

This gives me hope! The girls are pretty bad (Riley will only eat one particular *brand* of strawberry jam. :pardon:). And Danika's worse. I've seen improvement in the last 6 months or so as we've implemented various changes in how we serve food and what we expect from them at meals but I still feel kind of defeated about it some days. I just keep reminding myself to look at the big picture and to wait it out. :D

4. akameme

akameme Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I'm such a picky eater that we went too far in indulging the kids - so we are now running a short order kitchen :)

Now that our kitchen remodel is complete, I'm cooking new things and forcing them to try them. ;)