Personal Question: Are you using birth control?

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by runnergirl, Mar 14, 2007.

1. runnergirl

runnergirl Well-Known Member

After the twins were born, my doctor prescribed the "mini-pill" for birth control. She said even though I was BF, it was extra insurance against getting pg again so soon. I've been on the pill since I was 18 and frankly, am just tired of taking a pill everyday. I really want to talk to her about other options but my annual appt isn't until May and trying to get in sooner is impossible.

What birth control do you use, if any?

Thanks! [​IMG]
    -Nicole

2. monie rose

monie rose Well-Known Member

I'm using depo provera again even though I got preggers with the twins on it. It and the pill kept me from getting preg for over 9 years! My dh's method is pull out. lol

3. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

I got an IUD put in just after my 6 week post partum visit. I love it. I can't use Depo or the patch and since I don't want to get pregnant again any time soon it was the best BC for me. I don't have to worry about anything, like the pill or condoms or anything. Plus, if you are breastfeeding it's still okay.

4. TLC Mama

TLC Mama Well-Known Member

I am using the mini-pill as well because I am breastfeeding. I have a whole stash of pills that I take everyday; vitamins, BC, and Zoloft, we call it my sanity saving cocktail.

5. Erykah

Erykah Well-Known Member

Not doing anything and crossing my fingers extra hard. I didn't want to use anything until AF came back on its own (I'm BFing.) So right now we are just using luck. After AF, I think the only option is the mini pill. I used the ring and I loved it but its not for BFing moms.

6. Ehansy

Ehansy Well-Known Member

I was on the pill before the boys but now we just use condoms. Can't afford the pill. [​IMG]

7. axpan

axpan Well-Known Member

No bc here. Dr. did not want me to take the pill and the mini pill is not available here. I just stopped breastfeeding a couple weeks ago. I figure I tried to avoid getting pregnant for 15 years, tried desperately for 5 to get pregnant and now I just want things to happen as they will without me trying. kwim?

8. Tasha

Tasha Well-Known Member

I used the pill prior to trying for a year to get pg. I won't ever use the pill or even the mini pill again. [​IMG] But for now we are using condoms, and then will use natural family planning (taking temp and stuff). I am happy with it, and I think that dh is just fine too....as long as he gets some...he is happy! [​IMG]

9. KYsweetheart

KYsweetheart Well-Known Member

I didn't use any. The pills (all types) gave me headaches. I couldn't do the patch, because it broke my skin out... and I didn't want to do the shot...

Of course I wanted another baby, so I wasn't really wanting BC anyway.

10. Sofiesmom

Sofiesmom Well-Known Member

I got Mirena IUD 8 weeks post partum. I am done, so I wanted something easy and long term.

11. MommyTo3andCounting

MommyTo3andCounting Well-Known Member

We don't use anything, then again we had help conceiving so there isn't much to prevent [​IMG]

We both feel like if it happens it was meant to be - and that would also mean the big snip for DH

12. nanhancan

nanhancan Well-Known Member

We're using condoms right now. I feel the same as you- I never wanted to go back on the pill, but now I really want to. There's something about using condoms that I don't like & my periods have gotten shorter & super heavy. As soon as these babies are weaned (planning for 3/24), I'm calling my OB to get a pill.
    Good luck,

13. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

nope. we practice celibacy [​IMG]

14. Cassie05

Cassie05 Well-Known Member

quote:
    Originally posted by JDMummy:
    nope. we practice celibacy [​IMG]

[​IMG] Im sure your dh just loves that [​IMG]

As for me Im on the pill right now, but it doesnt matter dh is 2500 miles away, Im pretty sure I wont get pregnant [​IMG]

15. veggiehead

veggiehead Well-Known Member

Heck yes!! It's called not having much sex...LOL!!! Seriously, I am on the pill and happy to be on it! [​IMG]

jen

16. Brockgirl

Brockgirl Well-Known Member

I am on TTBC (tag team birth control). When I get one twin settled down, the other one winds up so basically I don't see my bed or my husband. Husband and sex...what is that???

17. Trish_e

Trish_e Well-Known Member

I'm not on anything right now, I wanted to give my body a chance to get back to normal before I added more hormones. When I start up again I'll be using the Nuvaring.

18. Stephanie M

Stephanie M Well-Known Member

I am on the pill right now and was on the mini pill while I was BFing and pumping. My husband got snipped in January. We wanted 2 children and we got 2 children. Thank you God!

19. MichelleL

MichelleL Well-Known Member

quote:
    nope. we practice celibacy

Ok, that had me in hysterics. Who has time for it anymore?

20. ~rosie~

~rosie~ Well-Known Member

condoms

21. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

The pill here. We are done.

22. crazybabies

crazybabies Well-Known Member

My DH has the snip when the twins were 8 weeks old. Twins make 3 & we really thought 2 was our number!!
    Now that the twins are creeping up on 3, I see why Mom's decide they want more.... I so understand the BIG family thing..... but NOT enough to change anyting & REALLY glad we made that decision a long time ago. [​IMG]

23. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I'm on the pill more just for the fact I don't get AF without it - we are also strong practicers of celibacy in my house...no time or energy after the twins go to bed...

24. Shayshay

Shayshay Well-Known Member

My husband is planning on getting the snip-snip very soon. Right now it is a wing and a prayer! Cross your fingers for me!

25. kristie75

kristie75 Well-Known Member

Right now it is celibacy. Later dh will get the snip.

26. Monika

Monika Well-Known Member

Pull out method here ever since we got married! [​IMG]

27. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

quote:
    am on TTBC (tag team birth control). When I get one twin settled down, the other one winds up so basically I don't see my bed or my husband. Husband and sex...what is that???

[​IMG]

Oh Man that had me rolling!! Seriously!!!

Since getting pregnant was a miracle and an unexpected oops we havent ever used anything mostly pull out.

28. Tracy O

Tracy O Well-Known Member

When I had my csection I got my tubes tied. The whole ivf thing was hard on my body and being 36 almost 37 we didn't want to take chances with being older mom and birth defects. Thought it was funny while laying on the table getting ready for the c-section the dr leans over the drape and asks any embies on ice? I said no... but thought wouldn't that have been a better question to ask yesterday at the office before I was on all these drugs?

29. kendraplus2

kendraplus2 Well-Known Member

I got an Rx for the mini-pill, but I haven't filled it yet, and since what got us into this whole twin mess doesn't seem to be happening much anymore, I'm not really worried about it.

I got the twins while on the pill, so I wanted a really strong form of BC this time around, but I'm nursing so my options are limited ... I could get an IUD or an implant but I don't want those, so it's the mini-pill for me. Hopefully that plus breastfeeding will do the trick.

ALthough like I said, it would have to be an act of immaculate conception to get pregnant again around here.

30. hot2trottt4u

hot2trottt4u Well-Known Member

31. my2littlebubbas

my2littlebubbas Well-Known Member

It was funny reading all of your posts and humor. We are on the pill. Not a big deal, but we're not ready to have another just yet.

32. runnergirl

runnergirl Well-Known Member

quote:
    ALthough like I said, it would have to be an act of immaculate conception to get pregnant again around here.

[​IMG] Yep, I hear ya! Sometimes I'm not sure why I bother with birth control, I think I can count on one hand the number of times we've done the deed since the twins arrival!!! (Hope thats not TMI!)

33. jessben81

jessben81 Well-Known Member

We were using condoms, but, I started getting an allergic reaction to it, so we started using the pull-out method and look where that got us. Now I'm 6 weeks pregnant, so you can tell how well that worked! [​IMG]