Pep Talk Please

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by ec twins, Apr 4, 2007.

1. ec twins

ec twins Well-Known Member

Okay, my twin boys just turned one and I have reason to believe I might be pregnant... I never understood "oops" babies until now. I had fertility issues before the twins came. It took us two years to conceive them - plus, since they've been around, our "mommy & daddy" time (wink, wink) has been significantly reduced. I just never thought it could happen so easily...

That being said, if I am preggers, I need to hear from other parents who have kids so close in age. I am so scared that I won't be able to manage 3. I could really use a pep talk....

2. CapeBretoner_123

CapeBretoner_123 Well-Known Member

I read in the triplets forum about a lady who frequents this site having a new baby recently, and having 14 month old twins. IT CAN BE DONE. Diapers alone would cost more, but lots of ladies have 3 under 3.

Try asking for this to be linked to the parents forum as well. Lots of insite over there. Take a test before panicking!!!!

3. K*D*B

K*D*B Well-Known Member

It took us a 1.5 years to get pregnant with our oldest. So when we were trying for our second (and third) we started the earliest that we would want one. Well we got pregnant the first time and then we found out it was twins. Our boys are 21 months apart. If you are pregnant you will be fine. It is really crazy around here at times but it is getting a lot of fun. I love to see peoples faces when they ask how old the boys are and I say the twins are 1 and my oldest is 2. Their jaw drops.

Well let us know what the results are and if you need to talk feel free to PM me

Cari

4. Kcampbell

Kcampbell Well-Known Member

I had 5, all 4 and under (3 and under a few times, three 2 and under once!). You CAN do it. It sounds rough, but your mommy instinct will kick in, and before you know it, they will all be toddlers :) The first years always FLY by. Good luck!

5. team_double.trouble

team_double.trouble Well-Known Member

hey hunny, I have recenty had my 3rd baby girl and my twin girls are only 15 months old, it CAN be done, its had its breaking points already but we get through it.
    DH is great when mummy needs a break.

6. FirstTimeMom814

FirstTimeMom814 Well-Known Member

First, I want to welcome you to TS! I have no advice for you since the twins are my only kids. But we have lots of mommies on here that are in a similar situation. I'm sure they will give you great advice.

7. jem0622

jem0622 Well-Known Member

It's a lot easier to get through these stages close together. It absolutely can be done. Be a slave to routine and schedule, and you will be just fine!

Julie

8. crazybabies

crazybabies Well-Known Member

I've heard some similar stories. My husband use to play baseball with a guy that had a similar situation. They tried for years to get pg, and used IVF for a singleton. Then 18 months later she gave birth to twins..... oops!
    Eventhough mine are further apart, I'll cheer you on!! Kids are great & I so get the big family need..... glad we aren't making ours any bigger, but I get it!! Oh, & I agree with the pp..... buy a test!! (or 2)

9. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

Definitely test before you freak! If it is positive, then take a deep breath and know that you can do it. My third is only one year and six days older than the twins. I agree with pp who said be a slave to the schedule and you'll be okay. I think part of what helped us get through the early days was having Aaron on a predictable schedule well before the babies came. You'll be okay!

10. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We were trying so not an 'oops'. Our twins were 23 months old when Liam was born. So far we are doing okay. My son was a little jealous at first, but they both do great with him. I will admit, it's hard getting out with all 3. I did the supermarket last week for the first time (w/o DH) and yesterday I took them in to my work in Boston by myself. Take the test and then maybe you can get your head straight about it.