Pelvic Pain....ouch!

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by dallasm, Nov 30, 2008.

1. dallasm

dallasm Well-Known Member

Is anyone or has anyone experienced pain in the pelvic bone area when getting up? It started like a week ago and hasnt let up since. I told my perinatologist nurse and they freak out when anyone says "pelvic pressure". I have braxton hicks contractions now and then like always but no more cramping (which is drastically better than from previous weeks). It just feels so sore when I get up. Its painful!! I think that maybe baby b's head is in my cerix as I get the ligament shooting pains in the vaginal area (so fun). Baby A is feet first and he was head down for a while but decided to move. Is it possible baby b (he was head down at last ultrasound and think he is still there due to the pains mentioned) head is in my cervix and engaged in the pelvic bone???? Any thoughts?
    PS Have dr appt tomorrow but am curious as to why so much pelvic pain!!!!!

2. Lindae73

Lindae73 Well-Known Member

Hi there!
    I've had extreme pelvic pain since about 31 weeks. I mean it feels like someone kicked me in the crotch (sorry TMI) like a million times! I'm now 35 weeks and it has only gotten worse. My doc says it will not let up til the babies are born and most likely will get worse. I feel like I can barely walk at this point...At 31 weeks that's when Baby A flipped into head down position so there is alot more pressure down there...I can't wait to see if Baby B is head down now which would make sense to why it has only gotten worse! I'm betting your pelvic pain is normal for carrying twins, but still it never hurts to check with your doc to make sure! Take care!
    Linda

3. dallasm

QUOTE(LindaM @ Nov 30 2008, 07:01 PM) [snapback]1091315[/snapback]
    Hi there!
    I've had extreme pelvic pain since about 31 weeks. I mean it feels like someone kicked me in the crotch (sorry TMI) like a million times! I'm now 35 weeks and it has only gotten worse. My doc says it will not let up til the babies are born and most likely will get worse. I feel like I can barely walk at this point...At 31 weeks that's when Baby A flipped into head down position so there is alot more pressure down there...I can't wait to see if Baby B is head down now which would make sense to why it has only gotten worse! I'm betting your pelvic pain is normal for carrying twins, but still it never hurts to check with your doc to make sure! Take care!
    Linda

Thanks for your story! sounds like how i have been around the same time too! It feels as if all of my pelvic bones are bruised or something!! You explained it right when you said it feels like someone kicked you down there!! :D Did the doc say why its so painful? I will be asking the doc that tomorrow thats for sure!

4. Specky

Specky Well-Known Member

All I can say is I'm sooo sorry! I had this too. Felt like I had done 200 splits. It got pretty bad by the end, dh needed to help me get my legs up on the bed! haha...Dr. said it was the positioning of the babies.
    I feel your pain, it does go away after babies are born!
    reb

5. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I seriously felt like I was being stabbed in the vagina for most of my twin pregnancy. and the last few weeks the pressure was so bad I just knew Addison was going to stick her foot out (she was breech) and kick me! I never found out why I was felling like I was being stabbed - everything was always fine with my cervix but OUCH!!

6. Fourhearts

Fourhearts Member

Try to rest on your back or on the side, maybe pain will be less then ?

7. dallasm

Thanks all for your stories! It seems to get worse by night time so I am sure its just the weight of them and where they are located. Doc rescheduled for tomorrow :angry: so I have to wait another day to find out how they are doing. I am hoping there is no change in my cervix and that they are both head down! But I am thinking that wont happen! This pregnancy has been the opposite of anything I have said!! These two are going to be double trouble!!! :rolleyes:

8. jlh1994

jlh1994 Member

Thank you for posting this!! I have had groin/leg pain for the past week and it is awful! I definitely had it during my other two pregnancies but not this early or this bad. I guess it is just one of the joys of being pregnant with twins!! :p