Peeing through their diaper

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by rayceryin12, Oct 27, 2013.

1. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

Almost every morning, the boys wake up with wet clothes. They are in size 4 diapers, which fit fine. They have water with dinner and milk before bed. Any suggestions? Should I use the overnight diapers? I didn't have this issue with my DD.

Thanks!!

2. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

We used the overnights.

3. daisies

daisies Well-Known Member

we use overnights.
    we use cheap diapers during the day but Huggies at night. they fit DS best so they both wear Huggies overnight. (DD doesn't leak)

sometimes going up a size will help. i avoided over night diapers for a longtime doing that.

SIL puts two diapers on her son at night. i have never tried that.

4. eagleswings216

eagleswings216 Well-Known Member

Yep, use overnight diapers.  You can also try going up a size - usually when my kids started leaking through a lot, it meant it was time to go up a size, even if the diapers seemed to fit okay.

5. miss_bossy18

miss_bossy18 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We also just go up a size. :)

6. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

We go up a size.  If that's too big still, we double layer.  One size up outside of the daytime size.

7. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

We've used overnight diapers or the daytime diapers with a diaper pad (or a maxi pad) in them.  That helped.  It was not too much of an issue with my DD but it was with my son.

8. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

Where are they wetting through the diaper... legs, front, or back?  My boys did that a lot as well.  We went with Pampers Overnights.  Also, I got a tip from a mother of 5 boys to fold the front, top of the diaper over towards the inside forming a pocket to prevent pee from escaping (mine woke up wet around the front and not really "soaked through") and secure it tightly.  When the fold held (which sometimes it didn't), it worked like a charm!  The problem with my boys was that even if I pointed the penis down, it didn't necessarily stay down - especially since they were belly sleepers - and urine leaked up the front.  This trick really did help.  To this day, my one son has sort of an upward stream to his tinkle (sorry, TMI!) so I can understand why he was leaking now.

9. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

It's in the front. I have some 5's. I will try that and see what happens!

Thanks ladies!!!

10. tarcoulis

tarcoulis Well-Known Member

I used to put the girls to bed in an overnight diaper with a diaper doubler (looks like a huge maxipad). I'd change them to a new overnight before I went to bed and check again when I got up during the night to use the bathroom. They'd sleep through being changed.

11. Nanny88

Nanny88 Well-Known Member

The boys both soak through diapers at night so they are in overnights. They sleep 12+ hours at night so I am not surprised. They are in size 5 regular in the day and one is in size 5 nighttime and one is in size 6 nighttime(he soaks through size 5 so we upped him)