Pee going everywhere on kiddie potty

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Snittens, Jun 26, 2008.

1. Snittens

Snittens Well-Known Member

We've put a kiddie potty in their room to cut down on the wanting to go potty 800 times thing, Bea can just go herself. And Ainsley too of course, she's just not interested. Anyway, Bea has the problem of "girl spray", her pee goes like straight out horizontally. If I'm with her and I see it starting to happen, I tell her to bend forward a bit to aim it down. But if she's on the little potty and I'm not there, it goes everywhere. So I end up having to clean up a mess, and get her new pants and a new pull-up that she kept dry, but peed all over it trying to go potty.

See the subtitle, DH threw the pee guard things away, thinking those were just for boys. Should I just get a different potty? This is getting annoying, and it makes her upset to have a mess, I don't want to get off track with potty training. She is doing a really good job going by herself.

ETA- OK, I see I posted about this before. Kind of forgot about it, because we hadn't used the little potties in a while.

2. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

I put a big towel down around the little potty in their room. Then if it got wet, I change it in the morning. Not a big deal, and totally doesn't matter if they spray. They'll figure out the leaning forward thing all the time soon. Glad they are doing so well!

3. twinzmom2b

twinzmom2b Well-Known Member

Can they go on the big potty yet? My girls are going on the big potty without a special seat on it. I have to keep reminding them to put their knees together, or their pee ends up on the floor and everywhere else too.

4. b/gtwinmom07

b/gtwinmom07 Well-Known Member

For anyone else who would read this and didn't get potties yet...Baby bjorn little potties have all the parts attached so you cannot remove them and they only cost $10