Party Favors Part II

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by twoin2005, Feb 11, 2008.

1. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

So today I picked up party favors for their birthday. I ended up going with an assortment of art and music toys to go with our Little Einstein's theme. I have enough favors for the 2-4 year olds. BUT, I will have a couple older kids (7 and 9) and a couple younger kids (7 months) there. Do I need to get them something? I feel silly giving them the same little toys I got for the little ones. But I also think it is a bit silly getting them something else (or something at all)???

So what have you done in the past? (FYI, the older kids are family friends and the little ones are siblings of their buddies who will be coming by default.)

2. Shadyfeline

Shadyfeline Well-Known Member

Umm... I can tell you what I did for the boys first birthday, I had a few kids that were 7+ and they got a small bag of candy, the babies (I had a few that were less than 8 months) I gave them biter biscuits, a rattle and J+J sensitve baby wash which I just picked up when it was on sale food shopping 2/$5. Each child's bag was the same little bag that went with the party theme so no one looked like they had more.

3. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

I always give something to all the kids who come.

4. twoin2005

twoin2005 Well-Known Member

QUOTE(Callen @ Feb 11 2008, 06:48 PM) [snapback]617194[/snapback]
    I always give something to all the kids who come.

But do you get them something different or does everyone get the same thing?

5. avaoliviamom

avaoliviamom Well-Known Member

I have never had older kids at a party but I think I would just give a bag of candy to them. For the babies that come to our parties, I usually find a dollar book for them at Target and give a small rattle or toy of some sort. That way everyone leaves HAPPY!!!

6. Juj

Juj Well-Known Member

At K&M's 3rd Birthday Party, we had mostly family and a few close friends. I did not do loot bags. Instead I made a bunch of "I'm 3" lollipops for the older kids (& grown ups!). I also bought a bunch of those little rubber duckies for the younger crowd. The duckies were so cute! They had birthday hats on them or were holding a present. I put both items in a big bowl and people just grabbed them on their way out.

7. Sullyirishtwins

Sullyirishtwins Well-Known Member

QUOTE(twoin2005 @ Feb 12 2008, 12:09 AM) [snapback]617288[/snapback]
    But do you get them something different or does everyone get the same thing?

I give them for age approx. for their goodies bag.

Diana w/Rianna and Justin

8. billandginastwins1

billandginastwins1 Well-Known Member

We have had parties with an assortment of kids. My friends all have kids that range in age. I have done party bags for all of the kids. When there were babies...I would get a little book and sippy cup or small baby toy or something like that instead of the candy.

My oldest is 9 and she still enjoys getting a bag of candy or treats.

9. ktfan

ktfan Well-Known Member

For the younger ones, I'd do one of those first years take n toss sippies with cheerios or puffs in it and maybe a snack bag of the gerber things like the little crackers/gummies/fruit bars etc. For the older ones maybe a snack/candy, a cool pencil and a yo yo or some kind of toy. Have fun!