Pampers Baby *dry*

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by mrsfussypants, Nov 5, 2007.

1. mrsfussypants

mrsfussypants Well-Known Member

We just moved into size 2 diapers, and I picked up a pack of Pampers Baby Dry--and in the 1 full day we've had them...the babies have had 3 peed-through diapers! I got a size bigger because DS had been leaking through by morning, even though he still fits in size 1-2 swaddlers. I put the size 2 on him last night and he was SOAKED up to his neck this morning! DD peed through her diaper in just a few hours! DS started leaking through again this afternoon after just a few hours. Um, what in the world is going on?

Anyone else had a problem with Baby-Dry diapers? Are my kids suddenly peeing like crazy? I thought moving into a bigger size would cut down on the leaks, not start them. We use Pampers Cruisers with our oldest---is there really a big difference between the two? What size 2's are you using and liking?

Reyna

2. RondaJo

RondaJo Well-Known Member

We've always used Pampers BabyDry-well after Swaddlers. We never had a problem. In fact I love the BabyDry. My kids pee like crazy and they were the only ones that held. We tried the Cruisers with DS and he leaked all over. It's amazing how diapers work so differently for all kids.

Anyway, sorry you are having trouble with them.

3. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

I have always used Swaddlers but bought a box of size 3 baby dry on sale. I ran out of swaddlers so I opened the baby dry -I don't know if it is because the 3s are too big on them or what but they pee and the diaper sags really bad and today we had poo oozing out of the side - I bought some more Swaddlers and will put the rest of these baby dry diapers up until they get a little bit bigger.?? I wish they made Swaddlers in larger sizes!

4. Becca34

Becca34 Well-Known Member

They make a true size 2 Swaddler, but it's not sold at the warehouse clubs -- so odd, I know, but they have size 2 Swaddlers at BRU and Target. We're using those for DS, and they work great. I also tried Baby Dry, and while they didn't leak, they just aren't as nice and soft.

You may have gotten a defective package -- sometimes Pampers puts out a batch that just doesn't absorb. If you call them and complain, I think they send you some coupons for a free package.

(BTW, I've found that there's no difference in size between size 1, and size 1-2 Swaddlers. Not even sure why they're labeled that way....)

My DD is in a 3, and we use Cruisers -- they just work better than Baby Dry. I haven't found the *perfect* diaper for her yet, though -- I wish they made Swaddlers in larger sizes, too!

5. gatormommy

gatormommy Well-Known Member

For us, the Baby Dry's just don't work and never have. We have constant leak throughs with them, so we use Huggies now with no problems.

6. brooke78

brooke78 Well-Known Member

I KNOW! We went from swaddlers to baby not- dry and little Matthew always had wet skin.

We switched to Huggies Gentle Care in the red with yellow letters for the words Gentle Care.

No matter what time of day or how long he was in a diaper his skin was dry. It was amazing. The claim taht they have a protective layer kinda like women's things was really accurate. I almost cried when he outgrew the gentle care and moved up to the huggies shaped ones because they did not /do not have the same dry layer.

I would pay anything to have the gentle care dryness in his current size.!!

happy diapering

7. mrsfussypants

Thanks for the tips! why are diapers so weird?! Just make something that absorbs and is soft--in all sizes! I've been getting our diapers at Sam's club...but I think I'll try target for Huggies Gentle Care or size 2 swaddlers. Now I've got 72 diapers I hate sitting here! I guess I'll just use them for daytime and for just a few hours. I've never wished to go through diapers faster---here's a first!

Reyna

8. AmynTony

AmynTony Well-Known Member

I found the baby dry never worked for us because my kids were so skinny waisted and they had no stretch - Luvs were the same way...I've been using Huggies Supreme (also known as Gentle Care in the smaller sizes) since the Pampers ran out and have no desire to switch...

for the OP - The Huggies Supreme (size 3 and larger) are the same as the Gentle Care - and work just as well!

9. mrsfussypants

we need a special sticky at the top just for diaper lingo!!

QUOTE(AmynTony @ Nov 6 2007, 02:06 PM) [snapback]483403[/snapback]
    I found the baby dry never worked for us because my kids were so skinny waisted and they had no stretch - Luvs were the same way...I've been using Huggies Supreme (also known as Gentle Care in the smaller sizes) since the Pampers ran out and have no desire to switch...

for the OP - The Huggies Supreme (size 3 and larger) are the same as the Gentle Care - and work just as well!

My DS is super skinny, so that makes sense. Thanks for the tip about Huggies Supreme/Gentle Care

Reyna

10. CROSSTWINS

CROSSTWINS Well-Known Member

We use the pampers baby dry for daytime use only and we love them. They do make baby dry with flex tabs now. I wouldn't have known the difference but one day I bought some and they didn't have the flex tabs and we didn't like them so much. I am bad to go back and forth from pampers baby dry to huggies snug & dry. It is usually whatever is on sale at our local grocery store. Always used huggies for my oldest dd and they worked great. I think I am just silly cause I like the little seasame street characters on the baby dry. Good luck and hope you find something that works. Oh yeah I have been wanting to get some huggies overnights... I wonder how they work? Right now for night we have been using huggies size 3 & during the day a size 2.

Missy

11. stacyw

stacyw Well-Known Member

I used the swaddlers when they were tiny and I thought the baby dry would be the obvious next step since they are both made by pampers. I absolutely hated them. They didn't seem to hold hardly anything. We switched to Huggies and they haven't had any problems or leaks since.

12. snoopytwins

snoopytwins Well-Known Member

Wal-mart carries Swaddlers size 2-3...like the 1-2, it's a good transition size between 2 and 3. Just FYI.

We used Swaddlers size 2, after that used Swaddler size 2-3, and now we're in Cruisers size 3. We tried the baby dry (they were okay), Luvs (sucked), White Cloud (okay), and the generics. For day time, I generally use a generic brand but for night time, I definitely use the Cruisers. I like them because I can get them fairly tight around their middles because my boys are skinny.

13. bridgeport

bridgeport Well-Known Member

QUOTE(gatormommy @ Nov 6 2007, 08:24 AM) [snapback]483333[/snapback]
    For us, the Baby Dry's just don't work and never have. We have constant leak throughs with them, so we use Huggies now with no problems.

Ditto! After trying every kind of diaper out there, we found huggies are by far the best for our little guys. The Pampers baby dry were the worst, leaked every time. Rarely if ever a leak with huggies.

14. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I am not crazy about Pampers. My guys always leaked through them too. We just use generic BJs Wholesale diapers and have no problems with them. $40 a month is a nice diaper budget!

15. bridgeport

bridgeport Well-Known Member

QUOTE(CROSSTWINS @ Nov 6 2007, 09:22 AM) [snapback]483435[/snapback]
    We use the pampers baby dry for daytime use only and we love them. They do make baby dry with flex tabs now. I wouldn't have known the difference but one day I bought some and they didn't have the flex tabs and we didn't like them so much. I am bad to go back and forth from pampers baby dry to huggies snug & dry. It is usually whatever is on sale at our local grocery store. Always used huggies for my oldest dd and they worked great. I think I am just silly cause I like the little seasame street characters on the baby dry. Good luck and hope you find something that works. Oh yeah I have been wanting to get some huggies overnights... I wonder how they work? Right now for night we have been using huggies size 3 & during the day a size 2.

Missy

We use huggies overnites and love them. They're the only ones that can make it the 12 hours our boys (thankfully!) sleep. We use the overnites in the same size as the daytime ones (pretty close to the weight recommendations on the package) and they work great.

16. Her Royal Jennyness

Her Royal Jennyness Well-Known Member

I was always a Huggies gal as far as my 3 boys were concerned. Generic diapers worked better on Emma. Now we're doing the cloth diapering thing.