Packing lunches

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by SMax, Mar 18, 2011.

1. SMax

SMax Well-Known Member

Do you have a favorite option for packing lunches for your kiddos? Do you like a big, insulated sack that can hold it all or do you prefer to pack two sacks, one for each of them?

We are in the market for something better than the cheap insulated sack that I got for free at work from a product show ^_^

ETA: This is only for the days when they have an activity that bumps up against lunchtime. When they start preschool this fall, they will not need to bring lunches, so I am not worried about that situation. TIA!

2. frickandfrack

frickandfrack Well-Known Member

I usually pack it all together in a feebie insulated bag. I usually throw in a few small ice packs so it helps to consolidate in one bag.

3. nikki_0724

nikki_0724 Well-Known Member

I just picked up some Laptop Lunches for the boys, they are bento style lunch boxes. While at the local store I saw something similar from Sassy for under $6.00. Inside had 3 covered compartments. Toss it in an insulated bag with and ice pack and your good to go:)

4. ldrane

ldrane Well-Known Member

We have these. It was the closest thing to a bento box that I could find at our local stores. It works good though. I pack them each a box the night before and put it in the fridge. The next morning I just throw them in their backpacks. It has a built in freezer pack in the lid that keeps the food cold.

5. june07girl

june07girl Well-Known Member

I use the Skip Hop lunch bags See here my girls seem to really like them and I find them easy to clean and they hold lots for lunch.

6. Lynn76

Lynn76 Well-Known Member

My kids go to parents day out one day a week so they use insulated lunch boxes. I did get a free insulate tote when I bought our membership to the zoo today. I am excited to see how well it works! As for the lunches themselves, I use plastic baggies too hold the lunches. I am ready to buy some sandwich wraps and snack bags that are reusable. The sandwich wrap unfolds to use as a place mat. This is where I am getting the bags and wraps: Snack bags and wraps

7. moski

moski Well-Known Member TS Moderator

My boys have this one. And my daughter has a Hello Kitty one.

8. maybell

maybell Well-Known Member

someone mentioned reusable sandwich bags, I just came across some really cute ones at Old Navy! I think they were $5 for 2, and I had a 30% off, so I got a couple of sets. they are really cute and velcro. they don't fold out to be a placemat, but seem to work great for snacks too. I think they'll be great for the kids to open and close and I can just wipe them out.