Overnight

Discussion in 'The First Year' started by rayceryin12, Jan 18, 2013.

1. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

My mom offered to take the boys tonight so I can get some sleep - why do I want to say no? I feel guilty.....that is dumb, right?

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

I remember when my sister took my two for the weekend when they were 8 weeks old. I was sad to see them go, for like 3 minutes. Then I went inside, got normal, and went out with my friends. The first time is the hardest.

3. megkc03

megkc03 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Drop them off!!!!!

When my boys were really little, my mom stayed overnight here and there so I could get sleep. I did feel guilty-and she was here! Lol!

But sleep. Sleep is so precious! If anyone was to offer me a night of sleep-I wouldn't hesitate!! And your kids won't remember that you took a night off!

Have her take them, do something for you, and then sleep!

4. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Since I wasn't pumping or FFing I had people come in and take care of them at night between feeds. DH would sleep elsewhere and get a full nights' sleep. It worked nicely. :)

5. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

One of our friends keeps telling me that shes up for babysitting any time so we can go on a date ... We were joking the other day about going and renting a hotel room JUST to get a few hours of sleep uninterrupted! Lol!

Id take her up on her offer, you know you need it!

6. Gigantor

Gigantor Well-Known Member

Don't feel guilty! After a good night rest (and I'm sure you crave it, you need it) you will have more energy tomorrow. You will be happy and happy mommy is good for the kids.

7. efaith

efaith Well-Known Member

It may be dumb but if it was me I'd be exactly the same! Sleep is great but I'd find all night too long to be away from my girls. Do what you feel is right and don't feel guilty whatever you decide to do! It's okay to say yes and sleep, equally okay to say it's too soon but can I take you up on that in a few weeks time!!!

8. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

It's not silly to feel guilty but if it's worth it to you do it! My daughter just had her first sleepover without us at a different house (my sisters) at 2.5.....I cried going to bed!!!!! My boys did not have their first sleepover until 3.5 at grandmas. I think it would've been easier on ME had they done it as babies too...but ours were always good sleepers so we never felt the need:)

If you do let us know how it goes!

9. rayceryin12

rayceryin12 Well-Known Member

She took them and everything went fine! I got sleep and a few things done today and now they are home and all is well!!! Thanks everyone! :)

3 people like this.
  10. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

:yahoo: glad you got some sleep!!!

11. MrsWright

MrsWright Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Woohoo! Good for you mama!!:)