Outgrowing maternity clothes

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by outofmana76, May 13, 2009.

1. outofmana76

outofmana76 Active Member

I am 28 weeks and I am finding my clothes from previous pregnancies are not fitting anymore... It seems silly to buy more for such a short time- any solutions?

2. becasquared

becasquared Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Do you do freecycle? Do you have a local twins group that you're planning on being a member of?

3. sandygilpn

sandygilpn Well-Known Member

I also used ebay--you can sometimes find "lots" of clothes for pretty cheap, especially if you're not terribly particular about exactly what you get.

Craigslist is good too if you have one in your area.

4. faerieprncs

faerieprncs Well-Known Member

I have this problem with shirts...I've taken to always wearing a long cami (spaghetti strapped tank top) underneath all of my shirts...that way, if the shirt rides up (which it ALWAYS does), the cami is long enough so that it doesn't look like I'm wearing a mid-driff!

5. Farrah

Farrah Well-Known Member

I do not understand why they can't make the shirts long enough...without looking like a tent!!!

I had they same problem and I found some really long tanks that I wear under my shirts...it helps somewhat, I am 37 weeks now and I refuse to buy anything else so most of the time my belly just hangs out...LOL!!!

6. watersurfers

watersurfers Well-Known Member

I also wear a long tank underneath my "shorter" maternity shirts. I just went to Walmart and bought two mens XXL t-shirts to wear around the house, those seem to cover all the necessary spots! LOL.

7. kat5682

kat5682 Well-Known Member

i have a bump belt that i wear under my clothes, it's a big belt to support the bump but covers at least half the bump i have so that's always a good back up for short tops.
    also don't tumble dry anything at all!! even just a tiny bit of shrinking can make one of those expensive bits of clothing unusable.
    freecycle is an awesome source of anything baby related as well. half the stuff i needed was from there, either clothes or baby stuff!
    hope that helps
    Rachel

8. Dielle

Dielle Well-Known Member

It's hard to say, but you could easily have another 2 1/2 months and you're going to get a lot bigger in that time! I'd at least get a few t-shirts. I have some that seemed just enormous when I bought them, and were snug through the belly by the time I delivered my girls. Now that I'm 9 mo pregnant with a single baby, they're the ones I wear around the house or sometimes sleep in. They look like a tent on me, so I don't wear them out of the house. But they're comfy. At the end of my twin pregnancy though, they were the only things that really fit.

9. Kyloochmo

Kyloochmo New Member

I'm buying clothes from regular clothing stores that are supposed to be longish or short dress style. They all fit me about the same as a shirt just a bit longer so it covers down to my bum a bit. This way I can wear them again once Im done being pregnant! I'm also just wearing a lot of stretchy pants or black leggings to match the long shirts/dresses.

10. 2Xthefun20

2Xthefun20 Member

I got a ton of really inexpensive clothes from target online, they seem to be mostly all still fitting me and I'm 37 weeks now. They have lots of shirts for around $5!

11. mish_lewis

mish_lewis Well-Known Member

Have you tried your husbands shirts??
    I am finding that they fit.

12. dowlinal

dowlinal Well-Known Member

On the advice of another twin mom, I bought a bunch of dresses from Old Navy and I'm living in them now. Even my longest shirts are no longer coving my belly.

13. fancybeltran

fancybeltran Well-Known Member

I go to Thrift Store you will be surprise the Motherhood, Pea in a Pod, and other clothing you will find. I found a lot of XXL and XL clothes. I also go to Goodwill Stores.

At Goodwill I can get pants for 5.00 each.

At Carolina Thrift I can get pants and dresses for about 1.99 to 5.99.

14. Little June Bug

Little June Bug Well-Known Member

QUOTE(faerieprncs @ May 13 2009, 09:16 AM) [snapback]1311756[/snapback]
    I have this problem with shirts...I've taken to always wearing a long cami (spaghetti strapped tank top) underneath all of my shirts...that way, if the shirt rides up (which it ALWAYS does), the cami is long enough so that it doesn't look like I'm wearing a mid-driff!

ditto for me. i buy extra large tanks at zellars, the long ones. i always double them up or wear them underneath another shirt. basic black or earth tones and only about $7 each.

15. jvanmourik

jvanmourik Well-Known Member

I'm startin to wear my hubby's shirts and am nice and comfy!

16. ljmcisaac

ljmcisaac Well-Known Member

As an alternative to hubby shirts, because sometimes your hubby isn't big enough...I connected my best friend (5'10") with my brother in law (6'4")...and those 3 shirts got her through the last 6 weeks. Ditto on Goodwill or other thrift shops, don't limit yourself to maternity clothing.

Another thought, I had a teacher in public school who, I swear, only had one sleeveless dress (denim) for the last 3 months of her pregnancy, and wore lots of different tops under it.