outdoor activities

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by newtothis, Jun 8, 2010.

1. newtothis

newtothis Well-Known Member

is there anything i could do outside with my kids during the day? we have been using the water table but that gets old really fast. we were thinking of getting them cozy cars (sp?) but wasn't sure if they could use them in the driveway. they only cruise at this point; no one walks yet. one LO doesn't crawl, either.

2. vharrison1969

vharrison1969 Well-Known Member

At 1 year I would bring them outside and just let them crawl/walk around the yard and play with leaves! ;) They really just liked being outdoors, and were happy for long periods of time waving sticks around and pulling up grass. We also got one of those bubble-mowers they could push around the yard. Some push-toys for practicing walking would be great. My guys are still a bit too young to really use their Cozy Coupes, so your LOs might not get a lot out of them yet. You could also bring out balls to let them chase down, or get a wagon to pull them around the yard in.

Also a small kiddie pool is a big hit! They can sit and splash or play with cups of water. Great for hot days!

3. trudyhm@att.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Last summer, when ours were one, they crawled around in the grass and we spent all of our time walking around with them in their wagon. I regretted buying my jogging stroller as they couldn't stand that and demanded the wagon. They could sit up and have a 360 degree view and play with each other. We'd go out to eat to places with outside seating and they'd hang out in their wagon. They also loved to swing, so we hung up two swings for them.

Mine have started really playing with their Cozy Coupe-type cars in the last two months.

They got these when they turned one and they're still a huge hit today. We play with them inside and in the driveway: Pooh Ride On Toy

4. nateandbrig

nateandbrig Well-Known Member

My 15 month old loves to push little cars around on the deck! We got the twins Cozy Coupes at that age but to be honest they only really took an interest in them this year, so I would wait. The other thing my ds loves at this age is if I just put a bucket of water on the ground, they love to splash in it and it's nice because it's at their level. Mine also loves to sit and play with a ball, we'll either roll it or he'll just bite it :laughing:
    Good luck!

5. heather.anne.henderson

heather.anne.henderson Well-Known Member

Mine love the cozy coupe. before they walked they loved to just sit in them, now as soon as I open the garage they are gangbusters for the coupes. They push them and get in and out and then they rip each other out so they can sit in the other car. They are great amusement for them. I personally think they're boring but mine love them. Also Target has a little splash pad and mine love that too. It only gets a couple inches of water in it and it has stacking rings on it and a dolphin and a little slide, it also sprays water around the edges. Very cute and fun for them.