Our trip is getting closer, advice?

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Fran27, May 9, 2012.

1. Fran27

Fran27 Well-Known Member

We're going to France for 2 weeks in June. We have layovers both ways (1.5 and 3 hours). We'll be staying at my sister's.

Has anyone done trips like this and has any advice?

We'll have two totes in the plane, and the kids will have their backpack (I'm not even sure what they should put in there... I don't want a huge mess in the plane). I bought some mobigos and games to keep them busy for the trip, they've never seen them before so I expect a big hit. I ordered a new camera, we have rechargeable batteries and an adapter so we can plug things in... Other than packing extra snacks and probably a change or two of clothes, any tip? Sadly they still have a lot of accidents so we'll have to bring diapers with us too (maybe pull ups). We'll be out a lot and restrooms are not always easy to find in Paris. I bought a bigger bag so I can carry more when we're out anyway...

Any advice would be great... we've never been away more than 3 nights and it was just a few hours away.

2. Trishandthegirls

Trishandthegirls Well-Known Member

1. Don't have the kids bring their backpacks on the plane. You will just have to carry them.

2. If you can bring movies for the plane rides, they work better than games/mobigos. Even movies on your iPod/iPad will help, just remember kid sized earphones.

3. Don't worry about reverting to pullups/diapers when you're travelling. It's easier to reinforce the "rules" when you're back home than deal with a lot of pee accidents while you're travelling.

4. Bring one change of clothes for everyone for the plane - you might get spilled on too!

5. For the plane ride, pipe cleaners and plastic beads have been the biggest hit for my kids. They can make necklaces for everyone who they will see.

6. Bring a small thin blanket on the place for each kid. On long flights mine always get cold. Plus, having blankets makes enforcing nap/sleep on the plane a lot easier. Similarly, it's worth investing in blow up pillows or neck rolls so that your kids can sleep while flying.

Have fun!

3. abrinka

abrinka Well-Known Member

I will be flying to Europe in June too, alone with my twins:)

What I am getting for the plane rides is:

-jeep double umbrella stroller( I will be changing 2 planes so going through 2 airports it will be handy and faster)
    -back packs for each(smaller ones) where they will put their blankets, soft animals, favorite toys etc
    -my big back pack with Ipad,extra sets of clothes, snacks and gazillion of small activities, games, books etc.

Good luck to both of us! And have fun, I know I will as I am staying 9 weeks!

4. rrodman

rrodman Well-Known Member

When we drove to Florida, I bought a bunch of little toys/books/etc. and put them in goody bags. When we started to hit a wall, I'd break out two new goody bags and buy more time.

5. Bestian

Bestian Well-Known Member

אם אתה מחפש תרופה מצוינת מקבוצת עם החומר הפעיל מידע נוסף אני מציע לך להפנות את תשומת הלב שלך לאתר זה מידע נוסף . מאז זה בו שבו אתה יכול לקנות בעצמך.