Our Newest Bundle arrived =)

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by ward, Dec 31, 2012.

1. ward

ward Well-Known Member

yes Ezra Nehemiah came into this world at 8:07am on 12/26/12 via c section. And ladies let me tell you his messurements lol 11 lbs 9 oz 22 inches long. and he has a 15 inch head. The first night went well he latched on and mommy was enjoying her time with her little big singleton. The nurses had to check out his blood sugar due to my gestational diabetes and found that his bloos sugar was low so they started sumplemental feedings and also tried sugar water. Which seemed to work. Then they heard a mummur in his heart which got louder and louder. So they hooked him up to an IV just to make sure his blood sugar levels stayed good and then they also did some blood work, an xray of his heart and then they did an EKG. Everything came back fine all but the EKG which made the pediatrition believe that the right side of his heart was larger than normal. At this point the pediatrition came into my room and informed me they would be transferring him to UC Davis Childrens Hospital in Sacramento California. Which happens to be two hours away from me. Being a mom of three healthy children that needed no nicu time at all i broke down. This was the hardest thing for me with in a few hours they had him transported away. As for me i couldn't even go that day because MY doctor wouldn't discharge me because i was still having high blood pressure and an extremely high heart rate due to surgery. So i didn't get to leave until that Friday. My husband did leave thursday and went down to get us a room at the ronald mcdonald house and to be by ezra's side. Friday morning they did an Echo cardio grahm and also decided to take out his IV which at this point was in his head because the one in his arm popped out. So luckily i didn't have to see the IV in him thank goodness. So friday i got to see him and go over his Echo which came back fine they bascially stated he just had a thick muscle around the heart and were not worried about it at all and were just wanting his levels to stay well....level lol on his own with out any assistance and right when we thought they would discharge us he got Jaundice OH MY was i upset so he ended up spending about 3 days under bilirubin lights and we finally got discharged today from there and then came home =) He has lost a little weight but my little butter ball only dropped to 10.11 LOL he is breast feeding really well and unlike with my girls and my first my milk is actually coming in this time =) But boy nicu was no fun i ended up meeting a couple parents of twins in there. Boy what a trip to have your son on a wednesday then he is taken away thursday and then you get to come home Monday. It sure was a LONG weekend. But now he is home and i will never let him out of my arms every again that one night with out him was horrible.

2. threebecamefive

threebecamefive Well-Known Member

What a roller coaster ride you've been on! I'm glad he's home with you now, and everything seems to be going well.

Congratulations!

3. ward

ward Well-Known Member

4. ECUBitzy

ECUBitzy Well-Known Member

What a big boy! I'm glad that everybody is well. Congrats!

1 person likes this.
  5. cheezewhiz24

cheezewhiz24 Well-Known Member TS Moderator

He's so squishy and cute! I'm sorry he had to go to the NICU, but glad he's back where he belongs with you and eating like a pro.

1 person likes this.
  6. Mom2VLS

Mom2VLS Well-Known Member

Absolutely adorable! I'm glad things are going better now!!!

7. ward

ward Well-Known Member

Thank you ladies. Yes so far so good =) Has his first official doctors appt tomorrow hoping that he has gained a bit since being at the Childrens hosptial but we shall see since all we have been doing is breast feeding. But he eats till he is full which is good. =) They were thinking we may need to supplement due to his size but im not sure that its necessary.

8. kingeomer

kingeomer Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations! He's absolutely beautiful :wub:

9. weegus

weegus Well-Known Member

I am so sorry you had to go through all that!!! But, thank goodness it's behind you and you can just sit back and enjoy him!!!

I am so happy for you and your family! He is a cute "little" guy! Congratulations!!!!

10. ward

ward Well-Known Member

thank you

11. 3under2!

3under2! Well-Known Member

What a chubbs!!! Congratulations!! Glad everyone is home safe and sound, sorry that you guys had a rocky start.
    PS My brother's name is Ezra, we love that name!

12. monica77

monica77 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! Sorry you had such a scare, I am glad to hear everything was OK in the end. He is so BIG and cute :).

13. ward

ward Well-Known Member

thank you everyone!!! is my butter ball for sure. lol

14. Danibell

Danibell Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations!! What an adorable little chubber!! :wub:

15. AKilburn

AKilburn Well-Known Member

He's adorable! !!!!!!!!! He's as big as my two were combined at birth! Congratulations! :wub:

16. MusicalAli

MusicalAli Well-Known Member

Congrats! He beat out my Rebecca! She was 10lbs13oz. Chubby babies are awesome :)

17. jolcia17

jolcia17 Well-Known Member

Congratulations! He's a cutie.

18. ward

ward Well-Known Member

Awe thanks!!!!! We are in love with him!!!! He is such an amazing baby