Our Mono/Di Twins are here at 36 weeks, 5 days

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by Haverbury, Jul 29, 2008.

1. Haverbury

Haverbury Member

I am so happy and proud to report that Emily Paige and Riley Morgan are here and perfectly healthy!
    They were delivered by planned c-section at 36 weeks, 5 days and were 4lbs, 15 oz and 4lbs, 11 oz.
    We are all going home together tomorrow and are so grateful that everything is okay.

It always made me feel a little more content during my preganancy to log on and see the birth announcements, so I'm hoping this can make someone else feel better.

On another note, these girls are SO IDENTICAL, I can't tell them apart. Does anyone have suggestions as to what we could do when we get home? I have the hospital bracelets and different hats and plan to do the nail polish thing... Any other ideas?

2. gina_leigh

gina_leigh Well-Known Member

:birthday: Emily & Riley!!!

Congrats! I don't have ID twins, so not much to offer in the way of advice on telling them apart.

3. denali_ice

denali_ice Well-Known Member

Congratulations!!!!!!!

With Jenner and Cody, one's bracelet was on his leg kind of loose (so had more room to grow) - we left his on for a couple weeks after going home. If we looked closely we could see their differences, but I was afraid of the sleepless nights and feeding one twice and not feeding the other, etc. Once it started to get snug, though, we took it off. For a little while, we would dress one in something that had yellow, and the other in something that had blue. Just some way to see from a distance who was who. We didn't try the nail polish, but I was prepared if I needed it. *lol*

4. tamaras

tamaras Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your two healthy little girls!!!!
    Post pictures when you find some time :)

5. ferfischer

ferfischer Well-Known Member

Congrats to you!

We left hospital bracelets on and then we assigned them a "color" - one had pink miracle blanket and the other had purple. Also, in the beginning you can assign different hats!

6. Kyrstyn

Kyrstyn Well-Known Member

Congratulations!! Welcome to the First Year!

7. Heathermomof5

Heathermomof5 Well-Known Member

YAY!!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! :birthday: SWEET GIRLS!!!!!!!

My girls are frats and during those first few sleepless nights, I mixed them up a couple of times LOL!!! and to be 100% honest I did it the other night - I breastfeed and Ava has been sleeping all night (they sleep together) so I just asumed I had Addison!! NOPE! it was Ava!!

8. reggs55

reggs55 Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

We don't know if ours are frat or identical, but bringing when bringing them home from the hospital was such that the weight difference that it wasn't hard to tell them apart. (5 lbs. 10 oz. and 6 lbs. 12 oz.)

9. TwinLove

TwinLove Well-Known Member

:Clap: Congrats Momma!! Welcome Emily and Riley! :wub:

10. melstofko

melstofko Well-Known Member

Congrats on your baby girls!! I can't wait to see pics :)

11. Neumsy

Neumsy Well-Known Member

Yay! WooT! Congratulations!
    I'm so glad to see you post this-I'm 13 weeks on with mono/di twins and honestly am scared poop-less! It feels so great to see a mono/di delivery with NO problems! Go YOU! :D
    xo
    Becky

12. jen8675309

jen8675309 Well-Known Member

Congratulations and Happy Birthday to Emily and Riley! So glad to hear you all are doing great! If I were you, I would definitely do the nail polish thing! Good Luck!

13. ladybutterflyrose

ladybutterflyrose Well-Known Member

Congratulations on your precious baby girls' arrival :birthday:

14. summerfun

summerfun Well-Known Member TS Moderator

Congratulations! :Clap:

15. HRE

HRE Well-Known Member

Welcome to the world little girls! Congratulations! Enjoy this sweet new baby time.