Original Crib Tent vs. Crib Tent II

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by Chillers, Jun 4, 2008.

1. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

Well, I'm going to be getting the girls crib tents and when looking on line, I essentially saw the Tots in Mind Original Crib Tent or the Crib Tent II.

Seems like the main difference (besides price :D )between them is the II has mesh that goes all the way down the sides.

Any opinions?

2. debid

debid Well-Known Member

We have the full surround. Benefits for us: they can't push their blankets out and then cry to get them back (that was a problem for us), no stuck legs (also was a problem), and they can't reach through the slats to pull the zipper up enough to reach the back of it (hard to explain unless you've seen it in person but the original would be easily escapable for us). The only drawback other than the price difference is that you can't reach in between the slats for anything but that wasn't a big deal because the sound of the zipper doesn't disturb my boys.

3. Chillers

Chillers Well-Known Member

Cool, thanks Debi.

The access part may be a big deal for us (them!), so the II it may be!

They figured out zippers the other day and are now fascinated :rolleyes:

4. Babies4Susan

Babies4Susan Well-Known Member

We have the original, with a basic Jenny Lind style crib, and it works well for us. I kind of like being able to reach in without having to unzip the tent. Very rarely do they throw anything out. Plus with the Crib Tent II and the mesh going all the way down, it seems like it would be more of a hassle to change the bedding.