Oops. I was still "building" the Nuby sippy incorrectly!

Discussion in 'The Toddler Years(1-3)' started by first_second_and_last, Sep 10, 2007.

1. first_second_and_last

first_second_and_last Well-Known Member

We were at a wedding last weekend. The people sitting next to us had a Nuby straw sippy and I commented on how we use them even though they leak a little. The mom gave me the most perplexed look and proceeded to hold hers upside down. NO LEAKING! I was amazed. Mind you, there are two people standing at an altar pledging their love and I'm having a sippy discussion with another mom. :pardon:

Come to find out, I've been doing it wrong. No surprise, I guess.

You have to insert the soft straw part first. It's gotta get inside and snap into the lid. That's where I was doing it completely wrong. I would just stick the soft straw in the lid, but not actually get it poked into the little hole. Then you put the colored connector and hard straw in.

It's like a whole new world. I can bring a sippy into the playroom and not worry about following the babies in case they throw it. No more leaking if my purse tips over. If you would like me to post a couple of pictures, I can do so. I would love to pass on my Nuby knowledge.

2. swiertel

swiertel Well-Known Member

So funny that you posted this because DH was emptying the dishwasher yesterday and I watched him, perplexed for quite a while, trying to get those darn things back together. He finally just threw all of the parts inside the cup! It is almost like brain surgery!

3. MichelleS

MichelleS Well-Known Member

We never used the Nuby straw cups. We used to use the Munchkin cups. With those you also had to put the soft straw through the lid first and then attach the harder internal straw piece. They don't have a connector though - one part of the straw just inserts into the other. Might make life a little easier. :)

4. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

Geez, I never would habe figured that out! My MIL got us those and the evil things have been locked away in the cabinet! :laughing:

5. cclott

cclott Well-Known Member

I gave up on the nubys, and went to the playtex ones for those very reasons - couldn't figue out how to assemble the darn things to keep them from leaking.

6. JDMummy

JDMummy Well-Known Member

I use Playtex because they really are the only ones that DON'T LEAK! I threw away every Nuby in my house because I was so fed up with them.

7. HeyThere

HeyThere Well-Known Member

What I REALLY dont like about some of the other nuby's is that my kids stick their fingers in the hole and make it big, so it leaks EVERYWHERE! eeerrr... I may have to get some of the playtex ones! :)