One of those personal questions

Discussion in 'Pregnancy Help' started by [email protected], Mar 13, 2008.

1. lisaessman@verizon.net

[email protected] Well-Known Member

Because I can't see anything I have no idea how to shave down there! What does everyone else do?

2. Annasmom

Annasmom Well-Known Member

I'm going today to get a bikini wax:)!

3. yaniah

yaniah Well-Known Member

Waxing always gave me ingrown hairs later when it all grew back. :( But I'm just weird like that too. I haven't gotten to the point where I can't see, but since as far as I can remember I have shaved it all off. I don't really need to look anymore, it has become sure a normal ting to do in the shower. I was wondering if it would get harder, it might be weird, my husband has never seen me with hair down there.

4. Tracy-mom to twin boys

Tracy-mom to twin boys Well-Known Member

Yeah for your hubby being home in 8 days!!!!! Well- you could always have him shave it for you!!!!! My hubby shaved my legs for me while I was in the hospital from 25-30wks before having the boys and I also had him shave me down below- I didn't want to be all crazy hairy when it came time to deliver!!! It's an option or you could go and get it waxed at a spa and while you're there get a massage, mani and pedi too!!!!!! Good luck!

Tracy
    Mom to Griffin & Alex :itwins_boys:
    03/14/02

5. lisaessman@verizon.net

I have never waxed down there....does it hurt?! I guess I could have my husband help me, but then I am going to look like a jungle woman when he gets home after all this time! :rotflmbo:

6. yaniah

yaniah Well-Known Member

Everytime I waxed, I walked out with tears. They always said it gets better the more you do it, but it didn't for me, but the two weeks of no hair was bliss for me. I had issues with the ingrown hairs later so stopped waxing.

7. snakegetterswife

snakegetterswife Well-Known Member

i thought about this same question over the weekend....thanks for asking it! i know you are excited about your husband coming home!!!

8. cheriek

cheriek Well-Known Member

:lol: umm nothing i cant see either!

9. akuaba

akuaba Well-Known Member

Do you have a small mirror? That is about the only way you will know what you are shaving down there :rolleyes:
    Bring the mirror into the shower with you and then you can see what is happening.
    I remember at the beginning of the pregnancy I was thinking about "How the heck am I going to take care shaving when I won't be able to see?!? I can't believe it's come to this :FIFblush:
    Good luck! Oh..and I am so happy for you that your husband is coming home soon. That is wonderful news!!

10. de_acevedo

de_acevedo Active Member

I just get out of the shower carefully and look in the mirror and shave that way. I certainly don't like the jungle woman look but I have also never liked the all bare, pre pubescent look, so I do the whole short, rectangle type thing and I don't trust anyone so close to my girl with a sharp blade. The mirror works great for me. Give it a try.

11. mommyto8

mommyto8 Well-Known Member

Small mirror works nice. You can get them at Walmart for $5.

I can still see ok for now.. but with my last baby I got big and wasn't able to see to shave.. and I DON'T not shave.. it would drive me nuts.. and DH's exact words *no way am I going anywhere close to that region with a razor*. So I had to improvise and the mirror was the only way.

12. tiggrrl72077

tiggrrl72077 Well-Known Member

I'm not even sure I HAVE a bikini area any more. It's been so long since I could see it. I'm going TRY to do something about the area that I think it is (LOL) pretty soon. Hopefully I won't hurt myself in the process :rotflmbo:

13. 2Xthelove

2Xthelove Well-Known Member

my hubby helped me out. but since yours is away and you want to look clean for him then either use a mirror or what about the creams for hair removal.

waxing give it a shot i never did that because i think it will hurt and i am a chicken when it comes to that.

i keep seeing that movie "WAITING" in my mind when the girl flashes herself....oh it's so angry.....lol thanks :rotflmbo:

14. brookbranplus2

brookbranplus2 Well-Known Member

I did buy a mirror to try and do it that way but honestly I find it easier to just do it by feel. I check it with the mirror after.

15. Callen

Callen Well-Known Member

I would recommend Veet or your choice of cream remover. Veet works very well for me there.

16. girls429

girls429 Active Member

Lol i have been wanting to ask the same ?? but have been embarrassed .. i have tried to do it blindly since ive not been able to see down there in months, and i also tried a mirror, which didnt work to well. It feels like its getting out of control, but i have convinced my self that my doctor has seen worse :lol:

17. magrela

magrela Active Member

Hi everyone,
    I've been getting waxed since I started having hair. I'm early (11 wks) so I can still see it, besides, the waxing lady does it, I can't do it myself, but I guess since I was about 12years old I've been getting waxed. It's a family thing = we're brazilians! :)
    I hate razors and waxing is a blessing, it takes a month for my hair to grow back, and it doesn't get too long anyway, it's getting thinner too! I really recommend it! It starts hurting less with time too, and if you let it grow just enough to get it out, it hurts less than getting the long hairs out too...
    If you do it in-between shavings and only a few times, it won't really decrease the amount of hair you have, you need to stick to waxing.
    Good luck everyone!!!!!

18. HinSD

HinSD Well-Known Member

I left it alone until a few days ago when I just couldn't stand it anymore!!! I had hubby trim everything up.

19. 2IrishBlessings

2IrishBlessings Well-Known Member

I used to have Dh shave for me when I was really big with my twins. He was very gentle, and since he was getting any at the time, it was sort of intimate for us. Who knows you DH might like to do it for you when he gets home!

20. twinreverb

twinreverb Well-Known Member

i am in definite need of a personal shaver... but dh is horrible... better going in it blind!!! it is sad when plucking and shaving wears me out!!!!

21. erinkontos

erinkontos Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I give you all credit...by my 3rd tri. I couldn't even fathom checking out that area, being so huge....I just gave up!
    Good luck and I just wanted to say I am sooooo happy your husband is coming home in 8 days!!!!
    :)
    Erin

22. lisaessman@verizon.net

Everyone,

Thanks to everyone for being excited for me about my husband. And a BIG thank you for all the funny replies to my post. My stomach hurts from laughing. I think at this point I will try the mirror and hope for the best. I am not too keen on waxing right now when I know it will hurt and I already have so many aches and pains! It is too bad we have to be hairy anyway! :lol:

Lisa

23. anippy

anippy Well-Known Member

I go for the Brazilian wax and have been for about 8 years now. It is so much easier and quicker and lasts longer. I hate shaving and will go for 2 months (in the winter) without doing my legs.

I take 2 Tylenol about 45 mins. before the waxing appt. I try to go every 6 wks because the longer the hair gets the more it hurts. And, sure, it does hurt. But it's usually only bad for a fleeting second (each pull) and then the area is kind of tender for a few hours. And the technician I go to is so fast, the whole thing is done in 20 mins.

The salon gave me samples of some cream, I think it's called Filipil or something like that, that you put on after your shower and it reduces the occurence of ingrown hairs. It works if you stick with it, but I usually get lazy and then end up with ingrowns. Oh, well.

24. cottoncandysky

cottoncandysky Well-Known Member

i shave it all down there and i just go slow and feel around to make sure i got it all. sometimes i ask dh if i missed any, just cuz its funny :) man do i miss him lol

25. fishfood2

fishfood2 Well-Known Member

i wouldn't necessarily try waxing for the first time when you are pregnant but it really isn't all that bad. you just need to go to a really good place until you get used to it. i've had some horrific wax experiences from going to people that didn't know what they were doing. for now, the mirror idea or having your hubby help you out once he gets home (a good homecoming present for him :)) is really the only way to go. i was having a vaginal u/s last week and i haven't been doing brazilian bikini waxes since i got pregnant although i've at least been getting semi regular bikini waxes (i don't think there is any medical reason not to but it scares me for some reason right now) so i had my husband trim me. as for ingrowns from waxing vs shaving. i've never heard that. in fact i started waxing because i was getting ingrowns anyway, might as well not have the razor burn along with it, not to mention one hour of smooth skin before regrowth!